• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WANTED : Laser pick-up KSS 272 A

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all ,

Please , can anyone help me to find a new piece of laser
pick-up Sony model KSS 272 A .

I have a Sony CD player model CDP555ESJ , and I need to
replace the defective pick-up .

I could not find it here in Brazil .

Please guys , any input will be wellcome .

Thanks in advance .

Regards ,

Carlos

P.S. I have tried with Sony ( global assistance ) , Sony America,
Sony U.S.A. and Sony Brazil , without any success .

Just curious - have the lasers in these 'faulty' pickups stopped working entirely
or are they just skipping and misstracking?

I ask this because I have read many times of people replacing laser pickups when
the problem obviously wasn't the laser itself but dust contaminating the grease
lubricating the tracking mechanism - which can be fixed relatively easily and very cheaply.

That happens quite a lot and re-lubricating helps.

With this laser (I think similar to the KSS-270A), a linear motor is used so there is no gears, racks etc but it still does have one slide shaft which doesn't experience too many problems with lubrication. I've been trying to find a KSS-270A or KSS-271A for ages as a spare.

Sony X555ES

For all you guys with skipping problems. Try ajusting the FCS knob in the right side print - ajust it a bit backwards. Give it a little "contact spray" before doing this, and you might be lucky as I was just 1 hour ago... Picked up a X555ES player from the local flea market, and it was skipping - but not anymore :))

Cheers

Hi all ,

Unfortunately , there is no way .
The CDP555ES ( like others Sony designs ) has a BIG ISSUE.
Here in BRAZIL , we have a tropical weather with external
temperature reaching easily 32 – 34 ° C at the summer time ,
and the CDP555ES enclosure , does not have any kind of
ventilation , any hole , any fan , nothing .
There is inside the box all kind of components that run warm
or even hot , like power transformers , voltage regulators ,
high wattage resistors , etc , then the inside temperature
can reach high values , wich will CERTAINLY shorts the laser
diode life due to the BIG increase in the current .
Dust or stray particles is not a problem , since the box is
very well sealed .
Then , the only solution is the laser pick-up replacement .

Regards ,

Carlos

Like the laser pickup KSS-190A, KSS-270A, KSS-271A, KSS-272A, KSS-273A/B, KSS-280A, KSS-281A...and the CDM1 pro, mk2, and other early CDM series of laser is hard to find now, since it is out of production for a long while.
if you are a professional DIY, you can try to change the laser tube in it, may be it can be help you

Attachments

• kss-540.jpg
    kss-540.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 264
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.