• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: 1 pair Fostex FE-166ES-R full ranges

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
These rare limited edition drivers are In nice condition although I should mention that I cut the dustcaps out to install phase plugs a while back. Don't fear, the cone, whizzer etc are in perfect condition :). Extremely smooth and none of the peakiness heard in some other fostex drivers, although I find they benefit from a tweeter crossed over first order above 10 - 12 Khz(I used a set of RS supertweeters). This driver has a monster magnet , .. works very well in backloaded horns (and I presume BIBs too). Plenty of info on the www about these.

• Copper - Silver Voice Coil
  • Lanthanum-Cobalt Magnet
Detailed Specs at www.madisound.com/pdf/fostexcabs/fe166esr.pdf

Although I hate to, I'm selling these to finance a line array project having found a great deal local to my area.

I'll post pics in the evening.

Best offer over $200 wins.
Shipping should be around $10-$15 in the continental US.

I'll try and post photos this evening, .. and also make sure I have the driver cartons. Sorry for the delay.

The highest bidder by midnight Thursday gets them. I don't want to start a bidding war, so just EMAIL ME how much you would like to offer?

For those asking about international shipping, ... Yes, I will ship internationally , though shipping will obviously be more expensive, .. and you'll have to deal with any customs)

Paypal accepted (and prefered).

Thanks

Pictures !!

Here's the promised photo-op :)

Front - note the dust-caps were cut out a long time ago to phase-plug them. The whizzer and cone are perfectly fine
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Back - note the "He-Man" magnets
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Side - I used plumbers putty to dampen part of the basket. This stuff is easily removeable (like plasticine or kid's putty) - I'll take it off if you want though .

Thanks for looking !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.