• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB: F4 PCB boards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Peter Daniel said:

Yes, he did. I'm sending the files for boards fabrication today. Attached is the final version of the layout, the size is 2.35 x 3.35"

Peter I'm looking at your pcb but it looks like the two input resistors are not correct ?? R2 seems to connected to the wrong side of R1 In the original schematic R2 goes from imput to ground what schematic did you used ? F4r0 ?

gr Jaac

Output devices...

I don't have the ability to buy and test output devices to match them in quantity for this project. Are there any takers who are willing to do such a thing?

Also, I mentioned in an earlier post that I put together a BOM and only one person asked for it. I wasn't just offering it to be cool....I was also hoping to receive feedback on accuracy. Thanks,

C

As a newbie I need your help... Would you please have a look at my BOM, taken from Nelson's F4 Service Manual. (thank's Nelson)
For some parts there's no refs specified... fell a little bit lost :(
I suppose Q8 to be 2SK370 and Q9 a 2SJ108, not shure...
What kind/brand/series of caps are you using, same for the 35A/200v bridge ?
Thanks.

Attachments

• f4 bom.pdf
    22.9 KB · Views: 253
Joined 2004
Paid Member
korben69 said:
As a newbie I need your help... Would you please have a look at my BOM, taken from Nelson's F4 Service Manual. (thank's Nelson)
For some parts there's no refs specified... fell a little bit lost :(
I suppose Q8 to be 2SK370 and Q9 a 2SJ108, not shure...
What kind/brand/series of caps are you using, same for the 35A/200v bridge ?
Thanks.

As Chris points out, there was a mistake and Q8,Q9 got skipped in the numbering for Peter's layout

I used Panasonic FC caps for the amp boards and Panasonic THSA for the PSU (and get 35V or higher, not 25V)

For my bridges, I used IXYS

From your BOM, you could get away with a single 330VA for both channels, but you'll need 2 bridges - provided the transformer is reputable like Plitron maybe (Nelson stated he uses 300VA)

If you're going to use 6 caps, try for higher value like 20000 - NP's power supply uses 8 caps @15000 for 120 000 total.

Thank you twitchie.

Your highlights my ignorance !
Q8 and 9 are not used and it doesn't matter just as Peter says here Post #139.

I'm in trouble, I don't understand Peter's PSU board.
I see 3 groups of caps : C1 to C4 - C5 & C6 - 4 big caps untagged.
Can't find values in Nelson manual. I was just thinking, is it a CRCRC model ?

I see R1 to R4, but R9 & 10 are missing too.

For the IXYS, would you please give me the ref...

I'm planning two mono PSU and two transfos, so do I really need a 330Va for each channel (BTW 2 bridges). Is it correct or could I reduce the Va value ?

Sorry if I annoy you. My skill is weak as you can see. :(

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.