• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB: F4 PCB boards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks Phillipe
1K then.
I must have missed V3 of the bom .
Looks like quite a few of the values have changed slightly from the F4 circuit in the original user manual pdf .
I'll stick with the original circuit in general .
I think I have some BG NX 680u/35 that will do nicely for the C5-C6 caps .
I just found eight-off 220u/25V Cerafines in my stash that should do OK for C1 to C4 , but I notice the ratings on the BOM have increased to 63v on these. Does anyone have an accurate figure of what these caps 'see' in the built circuit, as a percentage of the + and - rails ? - obviously 35v would be better but the options reduce a lot from 25v to 35v .

Mark

IslandPink said:
I just found eight-off 220u/25V Cerafines in my stash that should do OK for C1 to C4 , but I notice the ratings on the BOM have increased to 63v on these...
Mark

The F4 PSU delivers about +/- 24V.
IMHO it will be safer using caps voltage rating bigger than 24v.
If you don't they could be damaged... risky :xeye:
35v is recommended, more is Ok too for the F4 boards.
63v is a typo... this value may not fit on the F4 board because of the cap size, it increases according to the V rating supported.

Well, none of those caps sees full rail voltage, just did some rough calcs ; I reckon C3 is the most vulnerable seeing about 0.87 x rail so that would be 19V for 22V supply and 21V for 24V supply . I agree that's a bit marginal .
Hmmm...
I'll use the cerafines for C1/C2 and find some 35V rated for the others .

Mark

Peter's F4 & PS boards & components

Hiya Guys

Please can anyone supply the following:

3 x F4 amp boards (for mono-blocks + 1 spare)

3 x PS boards (as above)

A kit of premium bits including tightly matched output devices

Also would consider paying someone to supply & build up for me....

Much obliged

I have 2 sets of output devices...but really if you need/want 3 of them and are willing to pay someone to build them, why not just buy a genuine First Watt F4 used?

Regards,

Chris

Thanks Chris - I only need two sets of components, the third board is in case I balls something up lol

Yes, I've priced up a pair of F4's but I'm living in Italy and it's over $700 for shipping from the US plus the customs charges at this end plus the endless Italian bureaucracy... takes the sweetness out of any deal!!

I assume your 2 sets are sufficient for 4 channels ie 1 pair of monoblocs?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.