• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB: F4 PCB boards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
carpenter said:

Does a tube preamp use lower voltage, or at least, safer voltages?:)

No, not necessarily. However, I'm going to try (gain may be too low) the Peter Millet head phone/line amp. It's actually a hybrid pre/head phone amp, using a unity gain buffer (op amp) on the output. The 'low voltage tube' side of things hinges on his use of tubes originally designed for automobile use from the pre- silicon days. That's my limited understanding any way.

Ryan

Off Topic Pre amp discussion

Hello Carpenter:

If you want a low voltage tube pre amp you should consider some of the Auto audio tubes. The one that seems to get the most attraction is the 6GM8. I think it has great potential to use in this application.
I am not knowledgable on the design so I hope someone else can help out

The boards will look as in those pics: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1230598#post1230598

The amp board has a scoring line and is good for two channels.

The PS board is good for symmetrical supply in stereo setup. If you want dual mono, you will need 2 PS boards.

All boards are gold plated.

The prices include shipping and handling:

Amp board $12
PS board $16

Prices in USD, paypal payment to my e-mail address posted here: http://audiosector.com/contact.asp

All boards will be shipped by airmail, with no tracking and no insurance and I cannot assume responsibility for lost packages. If you need insurance, please add $7 to your order.

I will be ordering PCBs this week. You can pay now or when the boards become available. The lead time is approx 2 weeks.

Attachments

• f4.jpg
    f4.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 1,381
Payment sent for:
2 x Amp boards
3 x Power Supply boards.

I was hoping for some local support and to do a few amps in parallel but the festive season has left them a little miserly at the moment. I'm covering myself for now and pick up the balance early in the new year.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.