• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Visaton B200 Pair + Modded w/ Custom Phase Plugs (Brand New)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ladies and Gents,

Pair of beautifully modded Visaton B200 drivers for sale.
These are brand new (1 week) and have maybe 70 hours on them.

I successfully removed the dust caps and made a custom set of beautiful Oak phase plugs by hand (using a stamped form to ensure correct curve). Phase plugs are made according to Dave’s (Planet10) specs.
After adding the phase plugs the sound changed dramatically: the midrange is not shouting any more and the strong beaming is completely gone (I was very surprised with the results with these particular drivers + plugs), off-axis listening improved dramatically. They are a pleasure to listen to now.

I intentionally left the phase plugs untreated to let the owner chose the color / varnish and oil / enamel / lacquer.
B200 look just gorgeous with Oak Phase Plugs but if you like you can stain them black and still be able to see the wood grain. Maybe some piano finish, just be sure not to add too much thickness since the plugs need to fit inside the voice coil. Should be amazing looking.

I really like them, best mid-range I ever heard in my system, but I came across one of those opportunities that you can’t pass up so I’m selling these for now until better times.

I’m open to reasonable offers with consideration that these are brand new and have been successfully modded with beautiful custom Oak wooden phase plugs.

PM me.

Good Luck

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Price: $310+SH (13lbs 12.5” x 12.5” x 12.5” box from zip 11235)

http://www.visaton.de/en/chassis_zubehoer/breitband/b200_6.html

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.