• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Nakamichi CDC-4A

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Nakamichi CDC-3a

This is probably an easy fix. This unit used the Pioneer CD mechanism with the CD's played upside down. With the top cover off, spray a little tuner cleaner or lubricate the spindle motor as the disc is loaded. The spindle motor should spin and play. At least you will know whether to replace the spindle motor. The problem was with the motor mounted upside down, the dust from the brushes would collect around the spindle motor shaft. I would try this before assuming it is the pickup.

Hope this helps.

Re: Nakamichi CDC-3a

Westley said:
This is probably an easy fix. This unit used the Pioneer CD mechanism with the CD's played upside down. With the top cover off, spray a little tuner cleaner or lubricate the spindle motor as the disc is loaded. The spindle motor should spin and play. At least you will know whether to replace the spindle motor. The problem was with the motor mounted upside down, the dust from the brushes would collect around the spindle motor shaft. I would try this before assuming it is the pickup.

Hope this helps.

Thank you. I sprayed the motor although it spun okay, I thought, and the plastic circle under the disc and cleaned the plastic disc. It seems to play fine, for the time being.

Also the information about the motor being upside down was pretty valuable, since I was trying to play the discs the wrong side up and did not notice this, lol :clown:

I'm going to give this cd-player to me pappy.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.