WTB - Tektronix 455 parts - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 31st March 2007, 04:39 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default WTB - Tektronix 455 parts

Hi,
I just purchased my first scope in years. It is a Tektronix 455 and I got a great deal on it, only problem is that the volts/div for channel 1 pot is broken and it is missing the knob set for it. By any chance does anyone have one that I could purchase or trade for? (or where I can find the parts, not epay please)

I have not taken it apart to check the specifics of the pot/switch assembly yet. But channel 2 works fine. I can take a picture if needed to match up the parts.

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 31st March 2007, 04:55 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Default Re: WTB - Tektronix 455 parts

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffshort2000
Hi,
I just purchased my first scope in years. It is a Tektronix 455 and I got a great deal on it, only problem is that the volts/div for channel 1 pot is broken and it is missing the knob set for it. By any chance does anyone have one that I could purchase or trade for? (or where I can find the parts, not epay please)

I have not taken it apart to check the specifics of the pot/switch assembly yet. But channel 2 works fine. I can take a picture if needed to match up the parts.

Thanks,
Jeff
I have replace pots in older scopes than that -- you might find the exact replacement at Electronic Surplus on Broadway near 55th -- or ask them -- they used to sell a lot of plug ins for the 500 series. Grab yourself a copy of the service manual from www.w7fg.com
Old 31st March 2007, 06:13 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

That is exactly where I bought it from. The scope came with a cover and the original service manual. I did not have time to dig around for knobs for it, They pretty much stated that they would have fixed it themselves if they had the parts.

After I looked closer at it, the pot seems ok, it is the outer switch housing that is broken off. I may be able to take the piece apart and repair from another switch\pot combo maybe, But the knobs are going to be tricky.

Thanks for your help,
Jeff

Hide this!Advertise here!