• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB - Tektronix 455 parts

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
I just purchased my first scope in years. It is a Tektronix 455 and I got a great deal on it, only problem is that the volts/div for channel 1 pot is broken and it is missing the knob set for it. By any chance does anyone have one that I could purchase or trade for? (or where I can find the parts, not epay please)

I have not taken it apart to check the specifics of the pot/switch assembly yet. But channel 2 works fine. I can take a picture if needed to match up the parts.

Thanks,
Jeff

jeffshort2000 said:
Hi,
I just purchased my first scope in years. It is a Tektronix 455 and I got a great deal on it, only problem is that the volts/div for channel 1 pot is broken and it is missing the knob set for it. By any chance does anyone have one that I could purchase or trade for? (or where I can find the parts, not epay please)

I have not taken it apart to check the specifics of the pot/switch assembly yet. But channel 2 works fine. I can take a picture if needed to match up the parts.

Thanks,
Jeff
I have replace pots in older scopes than that -- you might find the exact replacement at Electronic Surplus on Broadway near 55th -- or ask them -- they used to sell a lot of plug ins for the 500 series. Grab yourself a copy of the service manual from www.w7fg.com

That is exactly where I bought it from. The scope came with a cover and the original service manual. I did not have time to dig around for knobs for it, They pretty much stated that they would have fixed it themselves if they had the parts.

After I looked closer at it, the pot seems ok, it is the outer switch housing that is broken off. I may be able to take the piece apart and repair from another switch\pot combo maybe, But the knobs are going to be tricky.

Thanks for your help,
Jeff

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.