• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Wanted: Alesis modules

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I think these might be more complete than you were asking for. but I wired one up to a tweeter and woofer and it worked.

I don't think that I will get around to doing anything with them, so $70 for the pair plus shipping.

Interested?

Attachments

• p1000249.jpg
    p1000249.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 130
diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
OK, I posted more photos.
It is a plate amp for Alesis M1 Active Reference speakers:

Has a two way active crossover (at 1500 or 2k I believe) They were for an 8" woofer and 1" dome tweeter.

About 40 watt chip amp for the woofer and 30 watt for the tweeter.
power supply is include in the unit

The plate has balanced input or 1/4 jack input , a level knob, on off switch. and an ac cord jack- just plug 'em in..

I tried one with a 15" woofer and a horn tweeter, but the built in EQ was for the 8" and a dome, so the sound was a bit weird.

I don't have the time to tweak the EQ so I went for another direction, but these are pretty cool...

Variac said:
OK, I posted more photos.
It is a plate amp for Alesis M1 Active Reference speakers:

Has a two way active crossover (at 1500 or 2k I believe) They were for an 8" woofer and 1" dome tweeter.

About 40 watt chip amp for the woofer and 30 watt for the tweeter.
ower supply is include in the unit

The plate has balanced input or 1/4 jack input , a level knob, on off switch. and an ac cord jack- just plug 'em in..

I tried one with a 15" woofer and a horn tweeter, but the built in EQ was for the 8" and the dome, so the sound was a bit weird.

I don't have the time to tweak the EQ so I went for another direction, but these are pretty cool...

Any computer-y bits you need?

Also, are these similar enough to the normal alesis modules that I could use the same techniques for adjusting the EQ?

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Most desireable would be black 10" x 10" x 2" like were ordered a couple of times by some group buys. Other proportions OK
Maybe some comp stuff... have to think about that... I just had one put together for me 2 days ago so I might have been more interested then.
Poly caps of the audiophile persuasion?

Why don't you PM me with the e-mail button with ideas you have.

Attached is a better plate side photo
( there's 2 of them but one is still in the box.)

Thanks,

variac.

Attachments

• p1000265.jpg
    p1000265.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 77
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.