• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

ATI Research Flagship Amp Case

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
ATI Research Flagship Amp Case (model no. ATI-639M)

This is one beautifully built case. The construction is amongst the best I've seen with:

- All anodized aluminium construction with 6mm thick brushed faceplate

- 4mm Alu U-section for mounting multiple heavy toroids (it will accomadate 4x500VA or 2x 1000VA easily.

- Heatsinks are predilled to allow upto 20 pairs per channel of TO3 or whatever they're called. This would be an excellent case to build a 100w class A design.

- All other panels are 2mm thick black anodized

- 2 huge heatsinks rated at 0.075cw(convection NOT forced) running down the flanks of the case

- Spun solid Aluminium power switch and 6 solid alu feet - no plastic here at all.

- Acres of room inside, giving lots of options and flexibilty of routing and component spacing.

The case is mint but I have drilled and tapped 8 holes in each heatsink, there's that much real estate on the heatsinks that it hardly matters though but I mention it so as to be honest as possible.

The rear panel is all professionally machined and I've taken the liberty of fitting Neutrik XLR mounting style gold plated RCA's, the rest such as the IEC, fuse holder, binding posts etc. will need to be supplied by you. The rear panel also has plenty of room left over and could easily be modified to allow for up to 6 channels - its has all the holes required for 2/4 channels at the moment.

I paid £320 including shipping a few months ago for this amazing case. Looking for £200 including shipping within the UK.

EDIT: Dimensions are:

- Front plate: 482.60 w (19") X 165.10 h (6.5")
- Internal size : 355.60 w (14") X 162.56 h (6.4") X 596.90 d (23.5")

Manufacturer Link:
http://www.atiresearch-anodized.com/
http://www.atiresearch-anodized.com/ATI-639M.html

diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
And photo's:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

ShinOBIWAN said:
Not had any interest at the asking price and I'd rather keep it than let it go for peanuts. So I'll withdraw this from sale and hold on to it until I get bored of tripping over it again. :)

That wold be a nice case for a pair of aleph 30's. MAN i wonder how much it would be for 2 of those canadian... HUmm...

DROOLING over case :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.