• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Selling CS8414 to CS8412 converter board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have made about hundred something pcs CS8414 to CS8412 converter board in my NP D1 clone project and these are excess stock to get rid of. Total 100 pcs.

Price is US$1 per pcb and shipping is $1 for every 10 pcs in an envolope by airmail. Registered mail add $2.

The bottom of pcb has designed two SMD pads for soldering a SMD ceramic capacitor to improve the supply decoupling.

See photos.

Spencer

Attachments

• dsc_3083.jpg
    dsc_3083.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 361
For those who has purchased the converter board, here is my soldering experience on this board:

1. Use 3M single side sticky tape to cover the DIP holes on both sides. This is to prevent filling the holes when soldering the 8414.
2. Tape the board on a flat surface, wooden table or platform.
3. Put the SOIC and align the pins.
4. Solder pin1 and 15.
5. Apply more solder to the other pins. Can short all pins but make sure the pins are solder on the board.
6. Suck away the excess solder using the soldering iron. You may need to apply new solder when needed and suck again.
7. Check for short ckt of adjacent pins.
8. Solder the smd chip capacitors on the bottom side.
9. Hold the chip cap in position, dip a little solder to the iron and put on one side to ensure chip is fixed on the pad.
10. Solder the other end of chip cap.
11. Touch up the first pad again.
12. Solder the lead pins to finish all.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.