• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Tekton Speakers ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
tekton

don't know about the 4-inch speakers, but EA in correspondence recommended the 4.5 inch speakers.

I was trying to buy a pair of those when I had a chance to buy his much advanced Uruz models, which went for a very good price (not much more than the 4.5s) and which I think in my early tests are better than the Zu Cable Druids I have. So I don't have any hesitation in recommending the Uruz, or anything else from EA.

I have these in the bed room for vocal music and jazz they sound good for their size with nice looking finished.

Attachments

• th_1160947703.jpg
    th_1160947703.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 315
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
One could also easily diy something similar (ie simple BR), using the 14 litre PE curved back enclosure, come in a bit cheaper, and have a better box (the curved MDF plywood sides have it all over any flat MDF panel) ... you'd either need to fill the box with ~2.5 litres of solid fill to do Rabbitz's BR, or just recalc a different tuning for the larger box.

dave

planet10 said:
One could also easily diy something similar (ie simple BR), using the 14 litre PE curved back enclosure, come in a bit cheaper, and have a better box (the curved MDF plywood sides have it all over any flat MDF panel) ... you'd either need to fill the box with ~2.5 litres of solid fill to do Rabbitz's BR, or just recalc a different tuning for the larger box.

I agree with Dave. I even think the PE curved box looks better than the Tekton finish, plus you get the satisfaction of DIY.

Here are my Fostex FX120 Speakers in the Parts Express Cabinet. You get a great looking cabinet and all you really need is a drill.

For the FE127E, you can follow Rabbitz's approach with his Fostex FE127E DIY Bass Reflex Speakers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.