• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Pass xa160 and E-CAP

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi everybody,
seeing so nice amps build here arround I started jelous to steenoe :D and started new project(4month pass since my last, too much bussy with speakers)

ampplifiers are mono blocks each weights around 35kg.
it has 25V rails, and 9A bias, 24 fets per channel and 60pieces caddock power resistors . being no jewelery I desided to use silver as it should be- to wire. all wires inside including power is 1.5-2mm solid 99.997% silver with textile(basicaly my all setup is silver- I even do not use brass conectors) chasis is massive- heatsink base is 20mm, fins 6mm 10.5cm long. curently it is still unfinished(still waits amplimo 1.2kV custom toroids and epcos sikorel caps to be mountened, at the moment I am using cusotm 2x 1.5KVA tranies- noisy. and nippon power banks 520 000uf/each)

the electrolytic caps in pcb is Black gate N series in E-CAP mode(total 16x 100uf 50V) also power suply filtering also uses BG NX 35V 680uf also in e-cap mode.

before that I use vry similar amp, just no psu filtering with bg nx and was not BG N e-cap, but simple cheaper BG NX without ecap.

so diferences in sound-

basicaly - ALL :D

first thing which is notices extreemely transparent but not dry or harsh(BG NX in no e-cap is more dry and harsh) high frequencies. unbelievably. second thing bass. it looks that 30-40hz has +4db or so now. from expierence I know that wek or so BG NX sounds with very good resoliution, then it smooths. this time sound is smooth from the begining it is very listenable,dark. the bas is also efortless ,dynamic is efortlesson dynamic transients now is without any hint of effort. it is one of the best amps I have build, inspite that it has very much paraleled fets)or likely will finish in nearest weeks ) unfortunately all y amps sits absolutely unfinished(so Zen Mod is welcome express yourself) one thing that wories me a lot that diy amp cost with extra expensive parts gain cost nearly half comercial used xa 160 amps.
:bawling: :bawling:

here is pcb ordinary vs stuffed with BG

Attachments

• p1010064.jpg
    p1010064.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 272
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
ugly!
even Babo will agree with me ;)

anyway- first (dark blury) pic is not ugly 'nuff ; I see that blue pcb ,and I don't like them in any way

edit...I always forget to say that I like your site,even with lack of text on some pages ;)

anyway-this pic :
http://highend.projektas.lt/tipstricks/QQ.jpg
make me that I hate ya .......hehe

btw-how you find time for all that?

hi zen mod now I fel much better :D

if you like photos may I send to you some photos of black gate capacitors(nearly 15kg) :D I think have a mental problem- I can resist on quantinity when good prices are called. we with few friends spended over 8000eur on BG caps directly from japan .for future projects. now I use them as popcorns arround :D

by the way I noticed that this thread is located in trading post???!!! :eek: could moderator moove it to where it belongs-to pass comunity in pass labs thread.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
elviukai said:
hi zen mod now I fel much better :D

I'm glad to hear that ;)

if you like photos may I send to you some photos of black gate capacitors(nearly 15kg) :D

nah......better send me few kilos.....shipping at your xpense,off course :devilr:

I think have a mental problem- I can resist on quantinity when good prices are called. we with few friends spended over 8000eur on BG caps directly from japan .for future projects. now I use them as popcorns arround :D

same mental problem with parts.......even if I spend much less ....usual ;)

by the way I noticed that this thread is located in trading post???!!! could moderator moove it to where it belongs-to pass comunity in pass labs thread.

ok-I was worried-where is price tag or any other mention of trade..........and-why trade........at all ?!

;)

I would ship them to you but shipping is pretty expensive :D

today started second amp . all pots in zero position . absolute dc ofset -1.7V , dc ofset on outputs 25mV :D

until waiting amplimo tafos anybody can advice how to prevent toroidal core saturaton? I see few threads with lcaudio stop buzzing toroids.
mine ones works like tractors at day :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: nearly 70db :bawling: :bawling:

Zen Mod said:

ok-I was worried-where is price tag or any other mention of trade..........and-why trade........at all ?!

trade? sell?!! JUST OVER MY DEAD BODY!!! too much effort and love has been aded to them not to sale. . :whazzat:
anyway I dont think anybody will buy this things ,they look kinda ugly and are expensive like shirt :devilr: (I think shirt is OK expression word )

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
elviukai said:
I would ship them to you but shipping is pretty expensive :D

why I'm not surprised.........this world is turnin' on money........ ;)

until waiting amplimo tafos anybody can advice how to prevent toroidal core saturaton? I see few threads with lcaudio stop buzzing toroids.

in case that you have DC from wall outlet - you'll have aome chances with DC trap ;
in case that your xformers are just too much squeezed.........only other xformers can help

btw-you didn't answered-how you find time for all this on your site?

Zen Mod said:

why I'm not surprised.........this world is turnin' on money........ ;)

in case that you have DC from wall outlet - you'll have aome chances with DC trap ;
in case that your xformers are just too much squeezed.........only other xformers can help

btw-you didn't answered-how you find time for all this on your site?

no cores are saturated, most trafos(except very good and expensives) buzz at my workplace. trafos buzz no mater if they are loaded or unloaded. very poor line.

about time. well I am kind a doctor and have very much spare time . flowing job graphic. power up some amps at home and power up some patients in hospital :D

I am fully hopeless audioholic, spent from 20 to 40hourrs a week in my workplace. my girl is not happy for this reason. :whazzat: - I just like like to design speakers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.