• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB: Morel MDT 33 or 33SE matched pair

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
do they come with a nice Bernaise?

Are the as good as the MDT 33's?

We modify the tweeters and the boxes are made to spec for the 33, and at great expense, I might add.

We already have a sensitivity mis-match. We need MORE sensitivity, not less. The only way we can have a passive crossover on the current model, is with separate amplifiers of specific sensitivity.

If I can fully dismember the 110's (even the metal backing/cover must be removable) and a standard 33 faceplate can be attached, I might go for it. All our systems are going out the door in active form, at the least. So the sensitivity issue is not that critical.

OK. I did some looking. If I can peel that cover off the motor, I might take a set.

This series of tests was a bit limited, but I think a couple of preliminary conclusions are justified. Overall, the mdt33 goes lower than the 110, and has less overall IM distortion, at least at the frequencies tested. There are holes in the data though. Also, the mdt33 is very smooth on axis with very good off axis curves. It will be interesting to see what DLR gets on his baffle. The other impressive test result of the mdt33 is it's remarkably better second order numbers. In general it seems to be one of the best, if not the best in terms of second order products. The low end excursion of the mdt33 is clearly at the top? maybe the top.

http://www.markk.claub.net/Testing/mdt33/mdt33_supreme110.htm

Maybe not. MDT is still the king.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.