• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB: 2.5mm plug to 3.5mm plug cable

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The problem is- I have an adapter. But it doesn't fit into the Headphones.

The current cable that doesn't work was fixed by myself, but it seems there is a cut or a tear somewhere in the ground wire- all I can hear is low volume crosstalk and static.

I found replacement cables on the Sennheiser site- I may just have to buy them there. They are pretty cheap anyways- only 8$ + shipping.

I already checked that- On the original cable their was no continuity between the grounds, everythign else was fine.
So I felt the 3.5 plug end and the plug was loose- cut it open and sodered on a new end after removing the varnish protecting the wires. Still no continuity between grounds, and again everything else is fine.

Well - It looks like you have exhausted all of the possibilities....unless you feel like making the cable shorter and shorter until you eliminate the damage....but that might result in a very short cable depending on which end you start at......:D

You could also use your existing plugs and just replace the cable with something similar from your local electronics store.....maybe even something better than the standard one.

But then...we are just talking about $8.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.