• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

some BIG tubes FS (and some small but rare ones too)...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Wow, what you find when you're not looking for it.

Looking through boxes here... found some tubes that I'd not been able to locate for YEARS...

Some of these are big iron... transmitter/sweep type tubes, that SHOULD also be usable as amp output tubes (sort of like McIntosh or Berning has done). Some are just plain RARE AS HENS TEETH...

Here's the list:

EF804 (Telefunken)- very rare pentode, such as used in Neumann U76 tube microphones. In factory boxes, however, the boxes have seen better days (looks like the boxes got wet at some time and crumpled, which naturally didn't hurt the tubes any). 3 available, $30.00 each.

6JB6 (General Electric)- such as used in Drake ham radios. Labelled as International Servicemaster, but have characteristic GE "dot matrix pattern" labeling. In original ICC blue-boxes. Something like a dozen or so available. $25.00 each.

6JN6 (GE) As used in the Berning ZH-series OTL tube amps. Same as above- GE in ICC boxes with ICC labels. 4 available. $10.00 each.

6KN6- similar (not direct cross-reference, but very similar) to the 6JE6 tubes used in the Mc. 3500 power amp. Same as above- GE in ICC boxes with ICC labels. 4 available. $15.00 each.

31- 30s-vintage-type small directly-heated triodes. Sylvania brand, NOS, in original green/black boxes. Sort of like a very little brother of the 2A3. Uses pretty low B+ voltages, rated at 375mw output for a single tube (headphone amp, anyone?). 2 available, $15 each.

I am possibly interested in trades... especially if you have a quad of Sylvania or HK 7408 or 6V6GTA tubes- gray glass with "halo getters"- in NOS condition.

In addition, I could also use some or all of the following:

- a couple of new 6BM8 tubes,
- a pair of output transformers (preferably ultralinear) that would work with 6L6/7581, KT88/6550 or EL34 tubes in PP. Multiple output impedances preferred.
- a couple of NOS 7025s or 5751s (need to be QUIET)
- a couple of NOS 7308s (maybe 4)
- fixable Magnavox, Zenith or RCA push-pull stereo console amp chassis (need to have all transformers in working condition)

Lemme know- email ( gwaters@postmaster.co.uk ). Be sure to send me your address, for the purpose of calculating shipping costs...

Thanks!

Regards,
Gordon.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.