• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

3" 45 ohm drivers. 60 Available

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
45ohm_driver.jpg

I bought these from Bill F awhile back. I just don't have the time or knowledge to actually use them. In fact- they are still sitting in the original box I got them in.

Heres what Bill F said about them:

"These are facinating little guys. Their 45-ohm impedance means you can array them in great numbers with no or very few series connections. This can be a big advantage in an array since, if drive parameters differ even a little (and they always do!), series connections in arrays can cause negative driver interacations.

On the other hand, I'd also thought it would be fun to make up some series arrays for over 1k-ohm impedance for direct tube drive sans output transformer. ( Danger--high-voltage idea! )

I was planning massive square bessel arrays, power/frequency-tapered arrays, etc."

If anyone is interested- I have 60 of them and just need to get rid of them... Let me know if you are interested, and drop me a price.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.