• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

40x 4,700uF 50V power-supply filter caps for sale

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I ended up with a box of capacitors, and don't need that many of them, so I offer the remainder for sale here...

Clif™ Notes:

40x 4,700uF 50WVDC low-ESR/high-ripple-current power supply filter caps for sale.
Brand-new, right out of the box. Made by Paccom, cross-refs to Panasonic's TSU series, Rubycon's USP/USR series, and United Chemical's SMH series.
Asking $1.50 each (+ actual shipping + $1.00 for packaging supplies).
Asking $50.00 (+ actual shipping + $1.00 for packaging supplies) for all 40 in one purchase ($1.25 each).
PayPal preferred, MO/cashier's check acceptable as well, checks or credit-card processing may be doable but we'll need to talk beforehand.
Please post here -and- throw me a mail if interested - mocklamer_1999@yahoo.com (NOTE: copy/paste the address!)
Pictures available on request.

Long description:

These are 4,700uF, 50WVDC snap-in power-supply capacitors made by Paccom. They are low-ESR, high ripple current, low profile jobs that should be pretty effective in a DIY audio context as supply-rail filters for small-space amps (which is why I got them to begin with). The rated working temp range is -40 to +85 deg. C. The ESR (@ 120Hz) is listed as 0.084 ohms, and the ripple current (@120Hz and +85 deg. C is listed as 2.7 amps. The mfr's spec sheets cross-refs these to Panasonic's TSU series, Rubycon's USP/USR series, and United Chemical's SMH series.

Size-wise, they are 1.4" (35mm) dia. by just over 1" (25mm) tall, which should make for a decent rail filter board for amps where the large computer-grade "cans" are too bulky (long and slender low-profile boards, etc.).

I have 40 of them to sell off and am asking $1.50 per capacitor. Comparable caps list for $3.50-$4.00 each from every distributor I checked. They are brand new, straight from the box. If someone wants all 40 (188,000uF of capacitance!) I will drop the price to $1.25 per capacitor - this option drops off the table with the first confirmed reservation of any of them, so if you need a bunch you'd better let me know ASAP.

As for shipping, buyer pays actual shipping charges plus a buck for the supplies needed for padding and boxing them to arrive safely (I pack stuff well, as it sucks to get broken goods) from my location (Florida). Due to UPS being braindead in my area I'd recommend USPS Priority Mail, as shipping stuff from where I am seems to work better/faster/more economically that way. If you're outside the U.S., the shipping charges might be more than the caps are worth but if you're willing to pay for the shipping/customs/duties/all that nonsense, we can come to an arrangement.

As for payment, I'm currently set up for PayPal (verified business emmber and all). So PayPal is the suggested avenue. I can run credit cards through a relative if need be, for folks that prefer to use a CC but don't like PayPal - however, this option may or may not be available so ask me in advance if you need to go that route. I will consider checks but only on the understanding that they clear before the goods ship. Money orders/cashier's checks work fine too. Mail me for details on the wheres and hows.

If you want to see pictures of these, and/or want them, please post in here to let me (and anyone else reading) know how many you want, and throw me an E-mail at mocklamer_1999@yahoo.com (NOTE: copy/paste the address!). These are going to go out in order of payment received and I'll reserve some for folks snail-mailing payments in as long as they let me know in advance they want some.

oO

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.