• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

For sale or trade OPA627/637(DIP) and DCX 2496 (2x)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
20 pieces up for grabs. All AU series.

Very much prefer a trade for suface mount 627/637.

I have a device which requires 30 of them...but surface mount.. All I have left is DIP (8) package units.

Not really interested in shipping off onesies and twosies. I'd like to get rid of all of them at once, if at all possible. Let's haggle!

And a barely used DCX2496 (or two).

One with mild mods, oscon caps all over the place...and OPA2604 chips here and there (input board), mildly modded PS, etc.

Second unit, nearly NIB, bone stock.

Both with manuals and boxes.

I just offered a guy in switzerland the slightly modded one for $235. mint, no scratches if you squint and it is in another room. Just kidding. Should be fine. I put a rca jack on it for the digital input, as well. minor stuff. just trying to assess the design to see of it was worth modding out. It is definitely worth modding...but I've moved on.

I grabbed a DEQX 2.6P recently,and the op amp upgrade for it, is going to cost more than the cash I'll get for the two DCX2496's! Ouch! That's with Ti paying for more than half of them....I'm hoping.....I'm calling them now. I have to sound confident and important (ie, with i, knowing what I'm doing, etc).....at the same time I beg. Such is life.

I need..FIFTY OPA627's. All SMD. and 25 brown dog adapters. That's $200, just for the adapters. They work great, though!

Sold most of the DIP chips, to one buyer. Kept three for a guy who wants to trade for 3 627AU's.

Found 5x 637BU smd chips in my pile of stuff!...

looking to trade them for 627AU series.

Both DCX2496's are still available, will likely go on fleabay soon.

Looking for $175 for the 'bone stock' one, I paid more for it when they weren't available..and I left it in the box. It had been previously used for a short period of time by a DIY board member. If you are on this board, you don't care about warranty, you are looking to strip the unit anyway!

The other, I'll let go for $200. Get them out the door! Still have the 5 637BU smd op-amps. Somebody must want those.

If you have OPA627UA chips, I can get you anything in the same series (for the sake of simplicity) as a trade. 1 for one. For example, I can get you 30(x) OPA627AP's or 30(x) OPA637BP (PDIP package) for your 30(x) OPA627UA's (smd's).

If you have them, let me know, and I will get the appropriate # of chips to do a trade with. Looking to do trades in the 10-30x chips only, too much hassle to do smaller lots..however, don't hesitate to throw your chips in the pot, if you have fewer. Like 6 or so. If swapping a smaller lot, I'd prefer it if was done on the north american continent. It's faster in terms of delivery. For example I did a 637/627 swap in three days, for 12 units.

There will be no TI stock replenishing of most of the 627/637 series chip until at least March 15th, that's too late for me..so..with TI's full knowledge, I'm getting samples of other chips and doing a swap for the 627AU's from people who have them.

I'm modifying a piece of audio gear that was obviously designed by computer nerds and pro audio folk. No clue about cleaner, simpler design pathways and methods, or parts quality over 'textbook' implementation of chips and support sructure. It takes FIFTY 627 opamps to fix it. It didn't need to be this complex...but it is...and the 627's will help tremendously, compared to what is already in there.

will do. I have few people in the que before you, whom I will have to give preference to. I saw the email (it is my work email and I'm not there right now), but forgot to reply to it. Apologies. I think you wanted both, and that would be good, but I think I have two folk in Canada who replied quite a bit earlier. Shipping to those folks is easier from here, besides the earlier reply. However, I have preference for Arnie too..as he has some 627's to trade, but that may not work out either. We shall see.

Also dumping an Acoustat TNT 200 amp (200wpc, stock), a Parasound 1500 amp (205 wpc, slightly modded), but those will not be diy pricing, they are both Audiogon and Ebay material, I'm just giving you folks a first stab at them, before they hit those shores. Oh yeah, a NAD(less) THX 2400 too. cleaning house. Beer money for the audio show.

Sorry man, hadn't heard from you so I grabbed one off of audiogon over the weekend:(

If, for whatever reason, it doesn't end up selling drop me an email and i'll see if I can scrounge together some more money and take it off your hands so you won't have to resort to selling on ebay ;)

Tristan

Arne, I can't do it right now. I do apologize.

But there is another thing that can be done here.

Ok Hans, you have been replied to.

As for the rest of you guys, I need your 627AU SMD opamps.

TI has granted me my wish, (I was fully upfront with them) and is shipping me 30 627AP DIP chips to horse trade all those 627AU SMD chips out here on the forum. Don't be suprised if the odd TI guy looks in on this thread. :p

I'm attempting to make a 'world class' digital crossover, for an upcoming show. As stated, I need another 30 627AU chips to do so (part of the package), and you guys have them all! TI won't have any for another 5 weeks or so, and that's too late to play it safe, for me. Too close to the show date. So let's trade those SMD's for some DIPS.

Arne has first dibs, he has 16 SMD versions. A few of you have some as well. I owe a guy three already, and another guy, (Dennis, who got the first stock DCX) four. Depending on how many Arne wants, if he wants any at all, there is either 23 or about 7 left.

I will apologize up front and right now, for I will only ship the chips out after recieving yours first, unless I feel the risk is low enough. Please do not be insulted. I refuse to be caught short by shipping issues or the like. It is not a personal attack against the honesty of the other trader, it is simply me being prudent with a pertinent issue, with limited resources and time.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.