• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

1 Pair Manger MSW Drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I have a pair of Manger MSW drivers in perfect condition and only about 6 months old, sequential serial numbers.

I really love the sound they make but I am too keen to try other things and want to free up the cash. I would probably be looking for around £750 for the pair or a very near offer. £515 each direct from Manger!

http://www.manger-audio.co.uk/manger-speakers-transducer.htm

Pictures available.

My experience of these drivers is that they are unsurpassed in detail retrieval. Seriously, they can dig out things my AKG K401 headphones can’t! Imaging is absolutely holographic. They are also extremely easy to implement as you can put them in a small sealed box and cross them around 150Hz 1st order!! (See ZeroBox 109) and they run right up to 35KHz as a single driver point source with near perfect phase response. They are actually faster than electrostatics.

In my very absorptive room I feel I want slightly wider treble dispersion. But I doubt it would be an issue for most other rooms as I have heard them sounding even better in more lively settings. In fact it could be a god-send for rooms that are a bit unruly as they will not excite the reflections quite as much!

I can help with the design of some speakers using these drivers if needed.

Thanks,
Simon

ashton at audiosmile dot co dot uk

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
These are the ones ;)

what crossover?

Tenson,

Very nice setup you have (had) there! So you were running the Mangers completely dipole... what crossover frequency/slope were you using, both between the Manger and the woofer, and the woofer and the sub?

Actually, I just re-read the email you sent me, and you said 260 Hz... what slope is that? Is there anything below the woofer... I'd imagine there'd have to be.

Hope your next project is more fulfilling...

cheers,
-tal

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.