• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: IPL S3MTL TL Loudspeakers (WA state)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
For Sale - A pair of fantastic IPL S3MTL transmission line speakers with sand filled spiked bases. These are lots of fun.... British design by Mr. Ivan Leslie that excell at reproducing bass and percusion especially well with good mids. A real velvet hammer sound. Custom built Aluminum woofers per Mr. Leslie's design specs. These were built by me about 5 years ago. Carefully used with AKSA 55 amp for about four years, now in storage. Need to clean out the spare room....

See review on the TNT website

I am in central WA state. Would prefer pick-up or could work out delivery anywhere between Seattle and Spokane (I-90 corridor).
Email me for more info and pics of speakers.
$500

Thanks,
Nels Sorenson

Picture

Here is a picture of the IPL speakers. These have a nice textured black with white flecked finish. Very industrial.

I am also willing to deliver to the Vancouver BC area via Bellingham, WA (also I-5 corridor Seattle/Bellingham).

Attachments

• ipl 2.jpg
    ipl 2.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 217
Thanks for your questions Oldschooler.

What sort of amplifier would they work with?
These speakers are about 88dB efficient. I have run them with an AKSA 55 watt with plenty of headroom. I also tried them with a friends "T" amp (under 10 watts?) and they still sounded great, but we were pushing that little amp to it's limits in the higher energy passages.

What kind of finish is on there? Will it hold up well?
I used a textured black paint on these that emulates the finish on professional gear. It is very durable and doesn't show figerprints or small surface scratches or dents.

Any problems with them?
These IPL's are in great shape. I used them carefully for about 4 years. For the last year they have been in storage in a spare bedroom. I just pulled them out and hooked them up last week and they are sounding and looking great.

I would be willing to ship these but it will be expensive, well over 100 lbs. for the pair with stands.

Nels

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.