FS: icube T-AMP iPod doc mod - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th January 2007, 08:37 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default FS: icube T-AMP iPod doc mod

I am parting with my icube/T-amp integrated amp/doc. The unit works great and has been in my home office for awhile now. I am moving on to professional studio gear and no longer will be needing this.

Asking $50 shipped OBO
email: dhagewood "@" gmail dot com

Thanks,
Doug H.

Here is the original post with pics:
T-AMP and cheap icube dock hack: 2 inputs

Here are the details from the original post:

The icube includes a 12v 1 amp PS. It also has a line input (and output) so I can have my ipod dock as well as a second source.

I took the 2 wires from the internal icube power adapter and attached them to the t-amp so I can use the stock white PS . I also took the audio wires from the icube assembly and attached them to the line input on the t-amp.

I added the binding posts by using an old soldering iron to melt holes through the plastic case.

Everything is stock so far, but there is plenty of room inside the icube to mod away.

A few more things:
There were about 4 LED's around the volume knob that lit up as well as 4 below the knob that actually lit up the manufacturers name "boynq" through the white plastic. This would be nice addtitions to the unit.

I used the t-amp's volume pot to simplify things right now and icubes knob, athough I am planning on switching these out at some point.

Currently the bass and treble do nothing as they are mounted on the icubes pcb which does nothing now, but I would like to be able to utilize them somehow. Or at least the holes for switches, etc.

The only downside to this setup is that you'll need a seperate ipod cable to charge and sync the ipod. I had an extra one from my wife's ipod mini that I used. --Or if you are using this with a PC, you could just keep it connected to the usb/firewire port
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tampicube2.jpg (27.8 KB, 134 views)
Old 26th January 2007, 03:59 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Default And a shot of the back...

Added real binding posts, but for the most part the back is untouched.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tampicube1.jpg (31.8 KB, 85 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!