Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd January 2007, 06:02 PM   #1
bigwill is offline bigwill  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default Ebay: Father's Radford valve amplifier(s)

My father is selling a Radford STA-25, and I thought this would be an ideal place to give people a chance to see it.

Click here to see the auction

If anyone wants, I can post ultra high-res images of any area on the amp they wish to see in detail.

It definitely works, I helped repair it (needed new PS capacitors) and listened to it for several hours, it sounds good. Other than the smoothing capacitors, binding posts and input sockets I think all the components in it are originals so the capacitors could probably do with replacing, but it seems to work fine regardless. When we tested it we used KT77s as the output valves since they happened to be in it but it sounds better with EL34s.

If anyone is interested we have quite a few of these amplifiers in various states of brokeness and we will be putting them up on EBay as we restore them. Next up is an STA-15 which works and just need tidying up. We have all the original parts for these including power & output transformers, chassis, various sockets and rubber feet. Our huge collection of original unused and matched NOS Mullard EL34s would make a lot of people on this forum cry
Old 26th January 2007, 06:01 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

No one interested?
Old 5th February 2007, 11:13 PM   #3
TheMooN is offline TheMooN  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

I would be grateful if you could email or pm me re your Radford pile please
Old 22nd February 2007, 09:25 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Me too please - very interested - ANDY
Old 22nd February 2007, 10:56 PM   #5
klm1 is offline klm1  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Radford's

I'm also interested-now if I could get my cash flow interested, as well.....
Old 23rd February 2007, 10:27 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Wow, I forgot about this thread! No one replied for so long I forgot about it. The auction for the amp in the original post has ended, but there are more to come.

What we have are lots of original Radford parts to make many complete STA-15s and 25s including chassis, transformers, circuit boards, valve sockets, everything you need basically... (A lot of these parts coming from broken Radfords but mostly NOS)

When I can I'll post pictures and a list of what we have, provided that my father doesn't mind.
Old 23rd February 2007, 01:42 PM   #7
TheMooN is offline TheMooN  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Hi bigwill

I am looking for the large transformer cover for a late STA12 or STA15 and possibly a choke for same and would be pleased to discuss felixkat(at)F2S(dot)com

Ta!
Old 26th March 2007, 04:01 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Hi Will, I'm interested in Radford parts as well. let me know if you decide to sell any bits. Give me a call on 07759470179. Cheers mate.

Olly
Old 2nd April 2007, 10:07 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Default Radford STA25

Hello,

I am interested in acquiring a Radford STA25 amp to drive a pair of Yamaha Ns-1000M speakers. My contacts are: marcolondonuk@yahoo.co.uk and/or 020 73601207

Many thanks
Marco Bianchi
Old 2nd April 2007, 03:27 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

For some reason, my father has stopped repairing his amps. I will tell him about these messages.

Hide this!Advertise here!