• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Ebay: Father's Radford valve amplifier(s)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My father is selling a Radford STA-25, and I thought this would be an ideal place to give people a chance to see it.

Click here to see the auction

If anyone wants, I can post ultra high-res images of any area on the amp they wish to see in detail.

It definitely works, I helped repair it (needed new PS capacitors) and listened to it for several hours, it sounds good. Other than the smoothing capacitors, binding posts and input sockets I think all the components in it are originals so the capacitors could probably do with replacing, but it seems to work fine regardless. When we tested it we used KT77s as the output valves since they happened to be in it but it sounds better with EL34s.

If anyone is interested we have quite a few of these amplifiers in various states of brokeness and we will be putting them up on EBay as we restore them. Next up is an STA-15 which works and just need tidying up. We have all the original parts for these including power & output transformers, chassis, various sockets and rubber feet. Our huge collection of original unused and matched NOS Mullard EL34s would make a lot of people on this forum cry :D

Wow, I forgot about this thread! No one replied for so long I forgot about it. The auction for the amp in the original post has ended, but there are more to come.

What we have are lots of original Radford parts to make many complete STA-15s and 25s including chassis, transformers, circuit boards, valve sockets, everything you need basically... (A lot of these parts coming from broken Radfords but mostly NOS)

When I can I'll post pictures and a list of what we have, provided that my father doesn't mind.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.