• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Aikido

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have built the Aikido using the 6FQ7/6N1P and 5687.

It sounds very good. Absolutely no fault, no hum, just music. However, it has too much gain (10 with the 6FQ7, more with the 6N1P) for my use. I only need a gain of 3.

I am happy to sell part of it such as the main circuit boards with good quality components and the tubes (or the whole of it if you want to pay a higher price).

Any enquiries please drop me an email.

More details

Hi,

I have not had the time to take photos yet, but the follow email I replied to an enquiry may give a bit more information.

It is reasonably heavy with my type of construction. I have not really thought of selling the whole unit unless somebody offers a high price. I guess I won't be getting rid of it for less than US$1,500 (this is not my offer), so there is no bargin. For a complete preamp, you are advised to look elsewhere. Huge amount of efforts have been put into it including the time to design the entire section of the PSU, layout, filament circuits, etc, so I basically want to keep the chassis and the PSU for my next tube preamp project. I want to get rid of the boards, the components on the boards, and the 6 tubes. If you buy those parts I can offer the PSU and all schematic including the two filament schematic free including PCB layouts, etc. It has all the nice features including a screened Tx, MKP X2 cap, basically a mono construction (except sharing the same transformer with separate windings), snubber circuit for the Tx, ultra fast soft recovery retifier diodes, snubber caps, separate Harmond choke input supply, Morgan Jones' choke snubber, LCRCRCRCC (premium quality sounding capacitors) with ripples reduced to 0.0X mV, high value top quality ICW SA Clarity Caps in parrallel with the last cap, two separate DC filament supplies (6.3V and 12.6V) all using shottky diodes, Panasonic FC, low dropout regulators (to reduce heat dissipations) etc. All internal line signal wires use proper pure OFC shielded cables thouroughout, 5 input selections, etc. The tubes include 2 x 6N1P (new production tubes), 2 x 6FQ7/6CG7 (NOS), and 2 x 5687 (Some Joint Army / Mil spec NOS). They have less than 10 hours. The gain of 10 is really too high for my use (my power amps have high gains), and I had to patch the 50k volume control with a 270k resistor before the volume control to be able to use it! bizzare! So the boards have to go. They should mate with some low gain power amps.

Regards,
Bill

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.