• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: pair Jordan JX53 mk 1 drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Colin said:
Have you come across the J51? Successor to the original 50mm module. And how about Ted's Titanium driver produced in the late 60s after he left Jordan Watts?

No I have not. But they sound interesting. :yes: I recall there was a shielded version after the 50mm module. Is that the JX51? I haven't even been aware of the Titainum version.:bigeyes:

J51 was a version of the 50mm module produced before Ted moved onto the JX53. It featured a small centre plug, a little like a tiny bolt. Sounded very nice but not up to the detail resolution of the JX53.

The titanium driver was a 4 inch cone fullrange unit produced for a company called Audio Sound Techniques in the UK. There was an article about it (which I don't yet have) in Wireless World, November 1966. I haven't seen the driver - I know Ted has a collection of his units going back to Goodmans days.

Colin said:
J51 was a version of the 50mm module produced before Ted moved onto the JX53. It featured a small centre plug, a little like a tiny bolt. Sounded very nice but not up to the detail resolution of the JX53.

The titanium driver was a 4 inch cone fullrange unit produced for a company called Audio Sound Techniques in the UK. There was an article about it (which I don't yet have) in Wireless World, November 1966. I haven't seen the driver - I know Ted has a collection of his units going back to Goodmans days.

It sounds like visiting Ted would be an interesting trip, one I have always wanted to do. I wonder if a few friends around here would be interested in doing so when the weather gets warm and the birds return.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.