• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB - Sonic Impact T-Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'd like to play around with modding one of these.

Unfortunately, all the outlets online seem to be out of stock. Does anyone have a sonic impact t-amp sitting around? I will happily pay the original pricea - $25-30, and shipping, so long as it works. I would prefer not to buy from the vultures on Ebay, who are charging $50+.

Thanks,
Alex

taj

diyAudio Member
Joined 2005
I'm on P.E.'s notification mailing list for one of these, and haven't received any word of stock coming.

Don't believe their website ETA. As much as I like P.E., they typically just pull these dates out of thin air and update them every time they expire.

Check out: http://www.parts-express.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?Partnumber=248-669

They have, as has everyone, been out stock on these units since last summer. But the ETA date is never more than 30 days in the future.

You could always grab one from one of the 'technology speculators' (or 'losers' for short) on eBay at double or triple its street price.

..Todd

Ah, good to know not to trust P.E.'s ETA date that much.
As a side notes, I found the T-Amp is really handy for the preamp work.
I am very much a newbie, so before I hook up the pre to the "real" amp, I always try that on the T-Amp first. This little beast never blew on me :D

I contacted PE about the date. Apparently, the restocking date is not arbitrarily set by PE, but rather the manufacturer - in this case Sonic Impact. According to PE, Sonic Impact has reliably met these dates in the past. We'll see.

Meanwhile, I restate - If anyone has an extra t-amp sitting on their shelf, I would be happy to pay the original price.

Thanks,
Alex

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.