• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

if anybody is interested...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i'm thinking about selling my old projector. it's a Sony VPL-S500U, and i made it work using $7 light bulbs! if there is interest, i will do a full write-up.

i came to you guys first, you've all been an inspiration to me!!! :D

if this is in the wrong section, i appologize. i saw the trading post, but i didn't know where to put a "feeler" post.

thanks, and let me know-

BadBoy :cool:

BadBoy said:
i'm thinking about selling my old projector. it's a Sony VPL-S500U, and i made it work using $7 light bulbs! if there is interest, i will do a full write-up.

i came to you guys first, you've all been an inspiration to me!!! :D

if this is in the wrong section, i appologize. i saw the trading post, but i didn't know where to put a "feeler" post.

thanks, and let me know-

Hey I am interested. How much? Any pics? Anything wrong with it? IS the lens dirty or scratched? Let me know. I am to new to PM you. Thx!!

OK! i had a family emergency, and it's been one of those days so bear with me... :cannotbe:

first off- THIS IS A FULLY FUNCTIONING PROJECTOR. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH IT!!!

that said, let's move on :D i have had this projector for a little over 2 yrs. when i got it, it didn't work. turns out the power supply was bad, and i fixed it. then i figured out i couldn't afford another light bulb ($400-$500). after ALOT of research i figured out how to trick it into thinking there was a bulb working in it.

i originally stuck the light in there without the metal "tunnel". BAD IDEA!!! as you can see in some of the pics, parts of the case melted, as well as the light cover (that's why it's gray). it's just cosmetic damage, nothing serious. i put together the tunnel with aluminum flashing, making sure i could change the bulb without tearing apart the projector. this did the trick- no more melting!!!

anyway, the light is on it's own circuit. the projector does not control the light! it's a simple circuit used in overhead projectors. the switch on the back controls it.

it will do 800 x 600 @ 70 hertz (native), and 1024 x 768 @ 70 hertz.

on projector central it is supposed to be 450 lumens. i have no idea what it is now. this is all i can tell you:

at night, when i turn the lights in the room on (2x 40w ceiling), you can still see the picture, but its pretty washed out. a table lamp (1x 40w) washes it out a little, but still good for surfing the net and gaming. in the room its in i have dark-ish curtains and tan mini-blinds. during the day you can see the picture fine.

i use it every day, at least 5-6 hours. the bulbs last anywhere from 2-3 weeks at that rate. its my computer monitor, TV, and home theater. i primarily use the RBG input and S-video input. the composite does work.

i found a similar unit for parts on eBay, so it does come with some extra parts. that unit came with a bulb, but i have no idea if it works. i was going to try it out, but as the saying goes "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". who knows, it might still be good?! if not, ywh can get a replacement bulb!!!

now the pics:

desktop at night

Attachments

• pict0256.jpg
    pict0256.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 340
I will take it, how much do you think shipping will be?

Do you take paypal. I have to leave right now, but will be back in two to three hours. But I am ready for it, I will request the paypal funds now and hopefully shipping is not more then $25.00. Thx and you can email me at whatzcrackn <at> hotmail. Thx

So does that mean it will have the total of two bulbs? And could you send me the link to the exact one you buy. Thx!!!

BadBoy said:
the bulb in it now doesn't have much life left. i have one extra new one. i get them from Bulb Connection . i get the Osram ones, they last the longest.

i'm asking $150 + shipping.

like i said, i use it every day with no probs. used correctly, it's perfectly safe. if nobody bites, it goes on eBay in two days.

thanks-

I'll be back in three, and what do you mean 'used correctly'?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.