• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Vintage Audax A150-X 15" coaxes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
350.00 for all three drivers plus shipping.

Extremely rare, especially when more than one is offered. You are bidding on a trio (3) drivers.

AUDAX A-150X from 1959-60. Excellent condition. As you can see in the pix they still have their inspection tags attached with dates of reconing on the back of the labels. One of the drivers has its original box.

They sound tremendously good, quite smooth and yet modern sounding. I have read on the internet awhile back that they compare to Altec 604's.

They are 8 ohm drivers. the green surround is different than the other two (which I had done by Gordon Waters in Atlanta) the other one is green foam was done in 1995. I have been using in my cabs the green surround unit and a black paper surround unit with excellent results. I detected no difference in sound. The other one that has just been worked on has a rubbing sound...so it can be used as a spare cone, surround or any other part, or fixed althogether.

The cones are in immaculate condition as are the baskets...simply great looking and sounding drivers. I am selling so I can try other things.

Thanks for looking! Buyer pairs shipping from zip 31535

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.