• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

More stuff, again!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Two (2) assembled but unused AudioSector SE (gold plated) 3875TF chip amp boards. Assembled using Wonder Solder with matched Caddock MK132 and Shinkoh tantulum resistors, matched (naked) 100mF/100 volt Rubycon ZL electrolytics bypassed with .01mF/600 volt V-cap TFTFs, and a .47 Mundorf silver/gold cap bridging the + and - rails. $100.00 US plus shipping. Will include at no cost blank SE rectifier boards if requested.

New diode grab bag, $50.00 US for the lot, including:
Eight (8) On Semi MUR860G installed on AudioSector SE board using Wonder solder,
Eight (8) On Semi MUR880E installed on AudioSector SE board,
Eight (8) pieces On Semi MUR1520G,
Eight (8) pieces Vishay MUR1520G,
Eight (8) pieces IR1520PBF,
Eight (8) pieces On Semi MBR10100G,
Eight (8) pieces Vishay MBR101000,
Eight (8) Fairchild "Stealth," 8A, 600V.

New capacitor grab bag, $35.00 US for the lot, including:
Four (4) Elna Silmic II, 100mF, 50V electrolytics,
Four (4) Nichicon Muse KZ, 1000mF, 50V electrolytics,
Six (6) Rubycon ZL, 100mF, 100V electrolytics,
Two (2) Mundorf Supreme Silver/Gold, .47mF, 800V PIO.

Four Reference Audio Mods "Exotic" 4A, 600V rectifier bridges, each consisting of 16 superfast, soft recovery MURS160, Surface Mount 1A, 600V diodes assembled with silver wire, cryo-treated and mounted on a maple block: $100 US plus shipping.

Four (4) new but naked 1000mF, 200V Jensen 4-pole electrolytics. $100.00 US plus shipping.

Two (2) almost new Goldpoint 100K Mini-V stepped mono attenuators (22 steps, I think). $60.00 US plus shipping.

One (1) new 1.5 meter Ack! digital cable. Terminated with 75 ohm BNC connectors (RCA adapters for both ends). $50.00 US plus shipping.

One (1) unused 1.5 meter Element digital cable. Terminated with Eichman copper Bullet Plugs (RCA). $20.00 US plus shipping.

One (1) 1 meter pair of Vampire copper braid-shielded, twisted pair, PFTE-insulated 22 gauge CCC conductor interconnects. Black PVC outer jacket. Terminated with Eichman copper Bullet Plugs (RCA). A surprisingly good sounding budget interconnect. $20.00 US plus shipping.

Two (2) new Solen 200mF, 250 volt polypro Fast Caps. $35.00 US plus shipping.

Two (2) new Erse Super Q 20mH, 16 gauge, 500 watt coils. $15.00 US plus shipping.

Two (2) 1.36mF paper/oil capacitor pairs (each pair consists of two NOS .68mF Sprague Vitamin Q capacitors connected in parallel). $10.00 US plus shipping.

Twelve (12) feet of 38" polyester mesh braid. Free on request with any other item.

If interested, post me at "george_cole 'at' bellsouth.net."

I'm old fashioned ... I'm used to seeing caps rated at microFarads = uF ( rather than your usage of mF ) ... or am I wrong?

"New capacitor grab bag, $35.00 US for the lot, including:
Four (4) Elna Silmic II, 100mF, 50V electrolytics,
Four (4) Nichicon Muse KZ, 1000mF, 50V electrolytics,
Six (6) Rubycon ZL, 100mF, 100V electrolytics,
Two (2) Mundorf Supreme Silver/Gold, .47mF, 800V PIO."

This is appealing. Do you take PayPal? Can you make an alternate or substitution for those (2) 800V Mundorf's ??

:)

Reply to FastEddy

"mF" is just my lazy shorthand. I'm not sure what the correct abbreviation is, but I suspect someone will tell us.

I threw the Mundorfs in because they are extra ones I have on hand. I have no alternates for them, at the present.

I do take PayPal (george"at"bellsouth.net).

George

uF = micro-Farad = 0.000001 Farad
mF = milli-Farad = 0.001 Farad

However, due the the term 'milli-Farad" being seldon used, it seems that many people have adopted the abreviation "mF" to mean "micro-Farad". This is technically incorrect, but generally understood in the context of the discussion.

As long as it gets you through the night ...

The micro Farad designation is usually written uF as a matter of convienence on these and other blogs. If you were actually trying to do it right, you would be hunting around for the ASCII symbol for the greek letter "mu" ... :angel:

And there are several areas of the world that do use the "m" as a substitute for the "u" ... (North America, etc.) HOWEVER in Australia and Hong Kong the "m" operator DOES indicate milli-Farads ... at least that's what DIYer The Saint ( http://aussieamplifiers.com ) has told me.

I say, no harm, no fault, no penilties. ... as long as we get the right parts into the right holes on the boards ..

:confused: = not

Ok:

0^Ð3 millifarad mF
10^Ð6 microfarad µF
10^Ð9 nanofarad nF
10^Ð12 picofarad pF

Please correct this table for your area / country / region if different from above.

Personally, I don't have any trouble confusing the uF with the mF ... I just ask ahead of time to try to get it straight before I order.

(A Farad or Faraday is Avogadro's number of electrons = 6.0 ^23 electrons. ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faraday & http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farad )

:smash: :D ... Class, pay attention now ... and let us know if you have changes to this above.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.