• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

my aleph 3 clone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
selling off my aleph 3 clone... not traditional monster as used forced air cooling with potentiometer to adjust speed or halt. works well, about 90 deg F. otherwise hits 160 passive, hits 130 if stand on face for sinks to breathe vertically....

dual mono, 2 225v plitrons. per side, 2x22000uf - 0.47R - 2 x22000uf. so 88000 per channel. caps on same board sharing ground plane only. also 4.7uf polyprop filters and 0.1 wima's. rails are 23.5 loaded. aleph3 but actually more like aleph30 with one less set of output fets. biased bumped up to 2.5 amps over orig 2 amp.

vishay resistors, panasonic 220 caps.

sounds fantastic but need to buy more stuff to finish my aleph 5

have top plate, but need to drill vent holes in it.

300 bucks + shipping

Attachments

• 173_7375 (large).jpg
    173_7375 (large).jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 652
hard for me to give subjective answer... aleph sound is my favorite (thus building bigger aleph 5). only amp i've listened to that gives the special liquidity and body i like.

it should be around 30 into 8 and 60 into 4... but after dabbling with a mini derivative aleph of only 15 watts, numbers are decieving. you would need a preamp.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.