• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Yamaha PM-1532

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all, up for sale here is a Yamaha PM-1532 console before it goes to fleabay. This console is in good condition for it's age, but has not been used in many years. It will include two power supplies and the cable if I can find it.
Console is located just north of Manhattan. Shipping is possible but obviously expensive. Pictures will follow shortly. Thanks!

Pictures...

Attachments

• img_0903.jpg
    img_0903.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 165
Hey Chris, yes this vintage of yamaha desks sounds great. This particular console served it's duties on many broadway shows before the dawn of the PM1800 that replaced it. It's been sitting for at least 10 years and the faders are all still very smooth. Excellent quality.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I'd say that if anyone wanted a small recording consul or audio mixer for home, this would be overkill in quality compared to the stuff that's on the market today. Kills old Soundcraft boards as well.

I used to repair them under warranty. Nice board.

-Chris

Absolutely. The later consoles- 1800,3000,4000 sound good and each was considered the standard in one area or another when they came out. (except the 5000, that didn't do well) But the early models have such a smooth relaxed sound.

I learned to mix on the old Soundcrafts- 200,500,800 and really enjoyed them (great faders as well), but these old yamahas have a certain sound that isn't found in current analog desks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.