• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Free: Pioneer IC's PAC010A and PAC011A

Status
Not open for further replies.
These came out of a working VSX-509S receiver. The receiver got a bit crushed in an accident but was still functional until I gutted it.

All I ask for is shipping cost.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I can use the ICs pls let me know how to go about pay. I live in LITTLETON CO. my email praha@rock.com frank

http://www.bdent.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=PAC011A&Search.x=8&Search.y=8

How do I determine the set I have are OK?

This thread prompted me to take a closer look at items to be tossed.

I have a set of the Pioneer chips on the desk in front of me. I have no idea of their condition.

PAC010A has A3C25 in the upper right corner
PAC011A has 83F24 in the upper right corner

They are still mounted BUT the pcb is trashed.

For the record, these are common audio output stages in many home-theater receivers. The smaller one is two channels (front L/R), and the larger is three channels (rear L/R & center).

The most common fault with these is that one or more of the output transistors shorts out to one of the +/- DC power rails. So, in-circuit testing is relatively easy with a voltmeter (or o-scope/audio tracer); If you find 60 or 70 volts DC on any/all of the signal outputs, it's a gonner.

Out-of-circuit testing, as a rough guide, would be to use the diode-check on a multimeter to make two measurements between each audio output pin and each of the power pins. I don't have the schematics in front of me, so which pins to check is on-hold for now. If they are still attached to the PC board, look for metal wire jumpers near the relays for signals, VH- and VH+ are the power supplies.

Safety disclaimer: Only touch or otherwise measure resistance (or breakdown voltages) on a de-energized circuit. One should check to see if there is voltage first. You probably won't hurt yourself, but you could smoke yer multimeter.

OR

You could send them to me, and I could replace the smoked one in my Pioneer VSX-D411... if it works, then it is still good!

Cheers,
-J

Hello DiyAudio Members,
I have just had a Pioneer VSX D510 Receiver land on my bench with the two main channels dead. I could see immediately through the grille slots in the top cover that it contained "STK" modules and was probably not worth repairing.
Its owner uses it as the amp for a mobile disco! No wonder it it killed the PAC010A hybrid amp module.
I have two choices, either find a new or used PAC010A and replace it, (Easy Option), or gut the channel and fit it with something like an LM1875's or that ilk from National, (More Involved Option). A third option does exist, take it up to the tip, swing it round and round by the power lead and let go!

In all truthfulness it's not much worth wasting time on, but if anyone wants to throw a used PAC010A into a post jiffy bag, I will pay for the postage.

Thanks, Andrew.

Status
Not open for further replies.