• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

0.086" semi-rigid coaxial cable

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have about 20 pieces of 0.086" diameter semi-rigid coaxial cable- the stuff used for mm wavelength (up to 20 GHz) signal routing. It has teflon dielectric. Each piece is about 10' long. Mil-C-17/133 equivalent to RG405/U. This stuff is UNUSED.

The outer conductor is untinned copper (coated with some anticorrosive?), teflon dielectric, silver plated solid copper wire inner conductor. 50 Ohm impedance, but that won't matter at audio freqs. My impedance bridge says capacitance is about 28 pF/ft.

This stuff would be great for routing low level signals wherever a shield is needed. The rigidity and solid teflon dielectric should make it very unmicrophonic. Since the shield is solid, there are no holes for signal leakage. Frequency response is definitely NOT an issue!

You can easily bend it by hand. The copper shield can easily be removed with a razor knife -just score it then use pliers to bend it a little and the copper will tear very neatly along the scored line. The shield is as easy to solder as the inner conductor, though you might want to clean it a little first with flux or even steel wool/emory cloth.

$10 per piece (10 feet long, give or take an inch), two pieces minimum, plus shipping. I will ship by mail- I'll roll it into about an 8" diameter coil. Alternatively, I can cut it into 24" lengths and ship it in a tube. checks, money orders and pay pal accepted.

email for details: rehorstmark@netscape.net

Thanks,
MR

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.