Mac G4 for sale lots of software - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th December 2006, 09:21 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Mac G4 for sale lots of software

Hi,

Selling my old mac, used mainly as a music recording computer great shape includes:

original keyboard, but I upgraded the mouse(couldn't stand the single button one anymore!!)
M-Audio Revo 7.1 soundcard
Iomega zipdrive
Upgraded DVD drive(burns and plays everything and basically silent, i'll also include the original superdrive)
It's an older digital audio G4/466, with 30 GB HD, you can upgrade the processor through a number of people to get a faster comp.

Check heremac upgrades

Single 1.8 ghz for $280, and a dual 1.8 for $469, not to bad.

software included:

Reason 3.0
Motu Digital Performer 5.0
Adobe Photoshop CS
Toast Titanium 6
Logic Express
OSX 10.3.9 (cd's and everything included)
Microsoft Office mac edition
There's also a tonne of sound measurement programs, all free ones but there on there so it saves the trouble of searching/downloading I guess.

I think there's some more but I'll have to double check, overall pretty close to $2000 worth of music software retail anyways, I got decent deals on most of it when I was a music student through the recording program, but still cost over $1000. It runs reason really well, i've never had any slowdown using reason, and with logic/motu I get about 8-12 real audio tracks and then things get a little hairy depending on effects etc.

Looking to get $500US, we can negotiate shipping depending on how far/close you are, I might consider picking up the tab if it's within reason.

selling because I know work for a university and will be using my employee discount/payment plan to pick up a new G5.

Tristan
Old 9th December 2006, 11:29 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Spasticteapot
The price quoted is very reasonable. Budget $100 for a used M-audio card (very rough estimate) and $30 for a used, good-quality DVD burner, so the whole thing costs about $370 - which is likely less than the value of the software.

However, I strongly advise you to forget the G5. For not much more money, you can get the quad-core 2.66ghz Mac Pro, a computing monster unsurpassed by anything less than five grand. Or, you could get a MacBook - a MacBook 1.83ghz will outperform a 2ghz G5 desktop in some benchmarks, and costs only $1100. (A high-speed FireWire hard drive is likely a wise investment, though.)
Old 10th December 2006, 04:23 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Yeah I meant the Mac pro, I don't know why I still call them G5's but I do. You're right they basically blow the old G5's out of the water, i'm pretty excited to say the least.

On another note I am open to offers if anyone is interested in the G4 as long as there's a good reason for the reduction I have this one priced cheaper than those on powermax.com which is one of the biggest used/new mac dealers in the states, and most of those don't even come with the newer osx/software....But I do need to sell it so feel free to make an offer if it's reasonable.

Tristan
Old 11th December 2006, 11:02 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Dropping the price to $350. can post pics if anyones interested.

Tristan
Old 11th December 2006, 11:48 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Spasticteapot
Quote:
Originally posted by Tristanc1
Dropping the price to $350. can post pics if anyones interested.

Tristan

I'll be contacting a few people I know who need a Mac - that's a fine price indeed.
Old 12th December 2006, 05:45 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Yeah it's a pretty good deal for $350, I also have a monitor i'd consider parting with, it's not even a week old so if it sold i'd like to get close to what I paid it's a 19" widescreen LG, probably add an extra $200 if anyone's interested in that aswell.

Tristan

Hide this!Advertise here!