• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Mac G4 for sale lots of software

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

Selling my old mac, used mainly as a music recording computer great shape includes:

original keyboard, but I upgraded the mouse(couldn't stand the single button one anymore!!)
M-Audio Revo 7.1 soundcard
Iomega zipdrive
Upgraded DVD drive(burns and plays everything and basically silent, i'll also include the original superdrive)
It's an older digital audio G4/466, with 30 GB HD, you can upgrade the processor through a number of people to get a faster comp.

Check heremac upgrades

Single 1.8 ghz for $280, and a dual 1.8 for $469, not to bad.

software included:

Reason 3.0
Motu Digital Performer 5.0
Adobe Photoshop CS
Toast Titanium 6
Logic Express
OSX 10.3.9 (cd's and everything included)
Microsoft Office mac edition
There's also a tonne of sound measurement programs, all free ones but there on there so it saves the trouble of searching/downloading I guess.

I think there's some more but I'll have to double check, overall pretty close to $2000 worth of music software retail anyways, I got decent deals on most of it when I was a music student through the recording program, but still cost over $1000. It runs reason really well, i've never had any slowdown using reason, and with logic/motu I get about 8-12 real audio tracks and then things get a little hairy depending on effects etc.

Looking to get $500US, we can negotiate shipping depending on how far/close you are, I might consider picking up the tab if it's within reason.

selling because I know work for a university and will be using my employee discount/payment plan to pick up a new G5. :D

Tristan

The price quoted is very reasonable. Budget $100 for a used M-audio card (very rough estimate) and $30 for a used, good-quality DVD burner, so the whole thing costs about $370 - which is likely less than the value of the software.

However, I strongly advise you to forget the G5. For not much more money, you can get the quad-core 2.66ghz Mac Pro, a computing monster unsurpassed by anything less than five grand. Or, you could get a MacBook - a MacBook 1.83ghz will outperform a 2ghz G5 desktop in some benchmarks, and costs only $1100. (A high-speed FireWire hard drive is likely a wise investment, though.)

Yeah I meant the Mac pro, I don't know why I still call them G5's but I do. You're right they basically blow the old G5's out of the water, i'm pretty excited to say the least.

On another note I am open to offers if anyone is interested in the G4 as long as there's a good reason for the reduction I have this one priced cheaper than those on powermax.com which is one of the biggest used/new mac dealers in the states, and most of those don't even come with the newer osx/software....But I do need to sell it so feel free to make an offer if it's reasonable.

Tristan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.