• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

MJ15003's and MJ15004's For Sale

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I think this is the right place to post this...but I just signed up, so correct me if I'm wrong.

I am part of IEEE at Cal Poly State University in San Luis Obispo, CA. The Industrial Engineering Manufacturing department recently cleaned out their storage area and gave my club a TON of surplus electronic components. Our club doesn't really have a use for the components they gave us...but are hoping you might.

Doing some googling for these parts seemed to pop up quite a few do it yourself audio sites so I thought I would post here. We have about 150 each of the MJ15003's and MJ15004's. I'm hoping maybe some of the members to this forum might be able to use them to repair/restore/build amplifiers.

I noticed several posts online about counterfeit versions of these power transistors. I have already pulled the tops off one of each and they are indeed genuine Motorola parts.

Feel free to send me a message if you have any questions.

Mike Bonham

MJ15003/4's

Several people have asked about what other surplus components I have available. I've only done a rough inventory...there is so much stuff they gave our club. I have thousands upon thousands of ceramic caps (probably 10-15 different values) a few thousand electrolytic caps (a handful of different values) and massive quantities of resistors.

I also have some capacitors I can't find specs for. They appear to be relatively high voltage Plessey capacitors. Most are rated in the hundreds of volts but I can't seem to track down any information on the company Plessey other than that they were a company purchased by GEC in the 80's. If anyone could point me in the right direction for the info for these caps, I would be most grateful.

I guess as far as the other parts I have, I'm hoping I'll have time this weekend to do a more detailed inventory of the parts we have in our storage unit. When I've got the list, I'll do another post.

Mike

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.