• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

USB audio sound card (PCM2702)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is my test board for PCM2702 USB sound card.

LT1115 in output stage filter. Signal path: silver mica capacitors, black gate N. Assembled and tested. Toroidal transformer designed for audio - 2x14V + 6V, shielded.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Hi, just found your website, there is some nice stuff on there! However, I also found the schematic for your USB DAC, and I see that you have not incorporated SPDIF output into the design. I am really at this point looking for a USB to SPDIF converter that works well with Linux to use along with my external DAC. Currently I am using an M-Audio Audiophile 2396 soundcard, but it is finicky in some aspects for Linux use (it works, but not as well as it should/could).

PCM2702 don't need additional drivers and there is no digital output included.

I have such project ready - USB to SPDiF and I2S converter (optical/coaxial). I just have to make some boards ;)

Attachments

• pcm_usb_spdif.gif
    pcm_usb_spdif.gif
    35 KB · Views: 469
veteran said:
PCM2702 don't need additional drivers and there is no digital output included.

I have such project ready - USB to SPDiF and I2S converter (optical/coaxial). I just have to make some boards ;)
Sorry, I had confused that IC with PCM2902. I would be interested in your USB to SPDIF converter board if you were to make some ;).

Spasticteapot said:
Very nice!

If you could produce a super-simple PGA2311-based preamp kit with a simple serial input, I would be very interested.

Also, I know that Jan at 41hz.com is very interested in producing a PGA3211 preamp. He'd probbably be willing to pay a bit of money for rights to your design.

This is my PGA2310/PGA2310 preamplifier:

well, not quite a preamplifier but volume control :D

HPDAC looks really nice.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.