For sale or trade: Lots of stuff. Help me get the hang of DIY audio! - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th November 2006, 05:13 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Spasticteapot
Default For sale or trade: Lots of stuff. Help me get the hang of DIY audio!

For sale is a lot of stuff which, though not technically audio-related, is vital to learning how to build audio equipment - if you buy it, I'll be able to buy some books and parts, and a new soldering iron. (I just got stiffed by a guy whose laptop I repaired - I broke my rule of "no laptop until I get paid". )

Everything is for trade, too, and feel free to make offers.

So, for sale is:

2x SanDisk Sansa Mp3 players, 512mb. New In Box - technically, refurbished, but they're in the boxes. $35.

Assorted 128mb modules of SDRAM. $10 each.

Gateway laptop. Works great, has a bad hinge - it's fixable, though I'm never going to be able to get around to it, and it really just involves a bit of work with some epoxy and bits of metal. 2.4ghz Celeron, 512mb RAM, 30gb hard drive, 15.4" screen, WinXP Home, good battery.
$300

60GB Hitachi Travelstar laptop hard drive, 5400 rpm/8mb. Works great, used for three weeks - then the screen went boom. $50.

Stripped LCD, complete with all parts. 15", 1024x768, BenQ panel removed from Dell LCD monitor. This was a major pain in the **** to get out, and only afterwards did I realize that I have no place to actually use the stupid thing. $150.

SharpVision XG-690u projector. 800x600 (SVGA) resolution native, has S-video, RCA, and VGA video inputs. Worked great with my old VCR playing Run Lola Run - contrast was decent even on a beige wall. $400

80GB Western Digital 7200rpm/2mb hard drive, has not been used too much. I bought this as a factory-pull from a server which was promptly upgraded after being bought - WD drives often last for years, and when I got it, it was'nt more than a few months old. $40.

MCS 3245 reciever, with matching EQ. Works great, and beats anything else you'll get for the price - a while back, I did a clean-up of the potentiometers, switches, and jacks. (I've yet to test the phono stage, though - I've never used it!) $75 for the set.

Postal money orders or PayPal is preferred.
Old 1st December 2006, 04:44 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Spasticteapot
Anyone?

Hide this!Advertise here!