• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

ALPS motor-driven 10k dual audio potentiometer for sale

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I have a few ALPS motor-driven 10k dual potentiometers for sale. These are new. Email me for details.

Attachments

• alps.jpg
    alps.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 661
I have received a lot of emails so I'll tell you all I know about these:

- These are not this year model since the part# (744t-10KBX2) doesn't match any in alps' catalog: http://www4.alps.co.jp/2002pdf/pdf_e/metalshaft/rotary.pdf
However, they are identical to the first pictured in the pdf above. Since I have no way to know how old they are, they must be considered NOS (new old stock).

- The shaft is 16mm long and its center is illuminated by the mean of a green led. I've tried to change the green led for a blue one and broke the shaft... :( Maybe someone more skillful could be able to do it, but for myself, I will not try again :rolleyes:

- The pinout for the two pots is the following:
(n.c.)(R1.2)(R1.1)(R2.1)(R2.2)(R2.3)(R1.3)(n.c.) this is by looking at the pins, the shaft away from you.
1: Ground
2: wiper
3: Line-in

- The motor can be driven from 4VDC to 6VDC. Typically, 4.5VDC.

- I have not checked channel matching but I have hooked one pot to my amp and adjust the volume using the shaft and the motor. They do not seem dusty and the motor works like a charm. Very cool pot!

- I'm selling them US$15

- I don't know are they are related to the ones sold by Micheal Percy (25mm blue Alps motorized pots, 10K, 50K, 100K @$47.50). All I know is that mine are 16mm and black.

- I'm located in Canada and the shipping is US$5 to Canada (3-5 days); to USA: US$5 (up to 2 weeks) or US$10 (3-5 days); worldwide: parcel is not really an option (+US$25) but they can be shipped in an bubble coated envelope for about US$10.

- Paypal is the easiest way if you what to send me money.

If you know more than me on these, let me know.

regards,
Gabriel

They are very similar. In fact, they look the same and are probably the same if it wasn't for the illuminated shaft. I would be very incomfortable to sell the same item for 4 times the price. If you guys are still interested that's cool, but I don't want to abuse. Please, act accordingly.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.