• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Orion Concept 97 2 (Rare limited edition digital 30 band EQ)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Orion Concept 97 2, 30 Band Digital EQ (limited quanities made): Make offers / I really don't know what to ask for it so make offers, I've seen them go for around $400 in good condition but I'm open to offers. It's used but in mint condition brushed aluminum, 1/3 octave, 30 band equalizer, features internal D/A and A/D 24 bit processing, balanced or standard RCA inputs, and digital inputs via Toslink or RCA coax with multiple presets. If anyone knows anything about these units they'll know I only listed a fraction of its features this was a solid EQ and very rare.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I also have tons of references with same name on numerous forums, I'm more active on caraudio.com. Feel free to contact me via AIM: randumscum

The EQ has 1 (set in and out) digital/analog, and 30 bands of equalization set to the exact frequencies on 1/3 Real Time Analyzers. Left and right channles can be adjusted individually:

Analog Input/Output:
-Input: The concept 97 2 uses an 18 bit balanced delta sigma analog-to-digital converter with 128 times oversampling. It accepts both RCA and Balanced (Mini XLR) inputs. Left and right input sensitivity adjustments are fully variable and independent
-Output: The analog output section is a wide dynamic range 18 bit continuous bitstream calibration digital-to-analog converter with 128 times oversampling. It has low total harmonic distortion with "zero crossover" distortion and incorporates digital de-emphasis. The output voltage (on either RCA or Balanced Mini XLR outputs) is 9 Volts RMS for the RCA outputs and 18 Volts RMS (9 Volts RMS output per phase) for a balanced system.

Digital Input/Output:
-Input: Professional grade SPDIF reciever, same receiver used in high-end home audio. Supports both 44.1 kHz and 48 kHz sampling frequencies and both TOSLINK and COAX digital inputs
-Output: Output frequency is 44.1 kHz, supports both TOSLINK and COAX digital formats. C-Lock Anti-Jitter clock recovery virtually eliminates jitter from a digital signal

A few other features of many are: 4 preset working zones, computer interface, isolated power supply for optimal noise insolation, 9 Volt RMS output (per phase), frequency centers, boost levels and "Q" values are exact. No variance like analog circuts, channels can be adjusted individually or linked together, LED display, internal fuse and much much more. I could go on about this EQ, hate to even let this go since it's limited edition and these are extremely hard to come by but I'm picking up some 22"s tomorrow and I'm redoing my entire setup.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.