Orion Concept 97 2 (Rare limited edition digital 30 band EQ) - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th November 2006, 05:02 PM   #1
belunt is offline belunt  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to belunt
Default Orion Concept 97 2 (Rare limited edition digital 30 band EQ)

Orion Concept 97 2, 30 Band Digital EQ (limited quanities made): Make offers / I really don't know what to ask for it so make offers, I've seen them go for around $400 in good condition but I'm open to offers. It's used but in mint condition brushed aluminum, 1/3 octave, 30 band equalizer, features internal D/A and A/D 24 bit processing, balanced or standard RCA inputs, and digital inputs via Toslink or RCA coax with multiple presets. If anyone knows anything about these units they'll know I only listed a fraction of its features this was a solid EQ and very rare.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 6th November 2006, 05:04 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

I also have tons of references with same name on numerous forums, I'm more active on caraudio.com. Feel free to contact me via AIM: randumscum

The EQ has 1 (set in and out) digital/analog, and 30 bands of equalization set to the exact frequencies on 1/3 Real Time Analyzers. Left and right channles can be adjusted individually:

Analog Input/Output:
-Input: The concept 97 2 uses an 18 bit balanced delta sigma analog-to-digital converter with 128 times oversampling. It accepts both RCA and Balanced (Mini XLR) inputs. Left and right input sensitivity adjustments are fully variable and independent
-Output: The analog output section is a wide dynamic range 18 bit continuous bitstream calibration digital-to-analog converter with 128 times oversampling. It has low total harmonic distortion with "zero crossover" distortion and incorporates digital de-emphasis. The output voltage (on either RCA or Balanced Mini XLR outputs) is 9 Volts RMS for the RCA outputs and 18 Volts RMS (9 Volts RMS output per phase) for a balanced system.

Digital Input/Output:
-Input: Professional grade SPDIF reciever, same receiver used in high-end home audio. Supports both 44.1 kHz and 48 kHz sampling frequencies and both TOSLINK and COAX digital inputs
-Output: Output frequency is 44.1 kHz, supports both TOSLINK and COAX digital formats. C-Lock Anti-Jitter clock recovery virtually eliminates jitter from a digital signal

A few other features of many are: 4 preset working zones, computer interface, isolated power supply for optimal noise insolation, 9 Volt RMS output (per phase), frequency centers, boost levels and "Q" values are exact. No variance like analog circuts, channels can be adjusted individually or linked together, LED display, internal fuse and much much more. I could go on about this EQ, hate to even let this go since it's limited edition and these are extremely hard to come by but I'm picking up some 22"s tomorrow and I'm redoing my entire setup.
Old 7th November 2006, 03:09 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

This EQ still remains ?! These have it all and are extremely hard to come by and this one is mint, if anyone needs refs or more pictures I would be more than happy to provide them. Please shoot me an offer if you're interested PM or AIM: randumscum
Old 7th November 2006, 07:30 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

I offer $150. Its worth more, but thats what i have.
Thanks
Hans
Old 7th November 2006, 10:21 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the offer didn't want to go that low but I'll keep you posted, you keep me posted if you gather up any more funds .
Old 15th November 2006, 07:28 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Last bump on this, it's up on a few forums and has a few interested and a few are supposed to have $ this weekend but first to pony up the cash gets it. I'm asking $300 + half shipping in US (lower 48) e-mail me: 25189123@comcast.net or shoot me a msg via AIM: randumscum

Hide this!Advertise here!