• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Four Yamaha PM1000 Mike Preamp Sale

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am having design fun with transistor circuits and that Vintage 60's clear midrange and Phat bass sound.

I tried building a Mike preamp with one of these cards a while ago, and have sold all I can make. I have some in stock now so take advantage and get a great sounding cheap Mike preamp.

I have four Mike Preamps made from Yamaha Cue or TalkBack module cards. These card have two of the same gain stages that are used on the PM1000 modules.

These are four transistor gain stages with a output cap that work off of +44 Volts. I run all the rack preamps off of a Cincon "AC Adapter" from Mouser, Cincon model #TR36A-48, Mouser #418-TR36A48 at $30.53.

Also the Phihong, Mouser#552-PSA-31U-480-R at $28.45

Either PS will run about ten cards or modules with no problem. A small amount of filtering at the card makes a super clean DC voltage. I use a 10 ohm and a 1000MFD cap and get completly quiet DC. There is filtering on the cards also.

These are very quiet, no hum.

They are Like old Langevin or Neve preamps in sound.

Units use a +48V power supply from Mouser that is

regulated and sits outside for extra quiet as any noise

from supply is outside

Extra filtering is on the cards for each channel and

Phantom power filtering is also on the card.

Very musical sounding, cards recapped, new pots

No output transformers available for these units.

Pin2+ out from the line stage output cap.

Output is between Pin2 and Pin3 is referenced to ground Via a small amount of resistance to buffer output line stage to make the transistor line stage smoother.

Unit will drive down to 45 ohms out at 25V, very broad band response through input transformer and card.

Lots of low end power, real Phat toney bass. Great for bass or kick. Good toney midrange.

You can drive 150/600 or 600/600 Z output trannies of any brand to 25 V P-P max, 20Hz to 20Khz.

I can add output trannies for you for small labor charge if you send me yours.

Card by itself is $40.00. With Tamura input transformer is $70.00, ready to install with; Phantom, Gain and level controls, XLR in/out jacks and controls all wired, card recapped with Panasonic and selected caps, tested and set to 60DB max gain.

A trim pot on the line stage allows setting gain to 60DB max on each card.

A DI input can be added by me for $20.00 each card.

This would be a 1/4" phone jack on 6" of cable.

Card is ready for install in a 1-3/4" rack box.

Rack plates and boxes are available from Mouser.

I can send all the Part numbers to interested parties.

Then a comple Mike preamp with Tamura input trans and
without output transformer is $70.00 plus shipping.

I can figure shipping for you.

$6.00 charge for packing. Buyer pays shipping.

I also build tube/solid state preamps

Here is a link to a photo-album with some of my work on
it. The second picture from the Left is a complete Yam
card with a Tamura output trans. The input trans will
mount on the card also.

http://photobucket.com/albums/b121/SalesBoy/

Look at the top row of page one of my photo album to see the Yamaha preamp pics.

Here is a pic of a complete preamp ready to go.

Attachments

• bctakbrdalllr.jpg
    bctakbrdalllr.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 182
...question about Pm1000 hum...

Hi, found your post after some googlin'

(this is my fist time onboard....Bare with me....)

I just built a four channel Pm1000 mic pre, did some testing and have obvious hum going on....

Now, this is my first project and there is so much info online, I was able to do this (somewhat) successfully with out 'really' knowing and learning as I went....I was able to do this by sort of painting by numbers. (Thanks to all outhere sharing info and pictures!)

My question to you is: How do I hook up the "10 ohm and a 1000MFD cap to get completly quiet DC." I can sort of see from your photobucket pics....javascript:smilie(':scratch1:')

BTW, I'm using the fivefishaudio power supply.....

Best Regards,

Anders

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.