• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: external notch filters for Tangband WS-871s speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I made up these external notch filters for a WS-871 full range project, but no longer need them.

Internally they consist of a 5.6 Ohm, 0.7mH air core and 4.7uF (polyprop) cap in parallel with each other. These are in series with the +ve terminal.

This is a pretty standard notch for these speakers to cure edge defraction and a peakey response, only the resistor values might change with a different project.

Good quality binding posts and semi-clear platic cases make them look rather nice too.

Drop me a line if they are of interest and we can work something out

Attachments

• dsc00956.jpg
    dsc00956.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 148
jives11 said:
Hi,

I made up these external notch filters for a WS-871 full range project, but no longer need them.

Internally they consist of a 5.6 Ohm, 0.7mH air core and 4.7uF (polyprop) cap in parallel with each other. These are in series with the +ve terminal.

This is a pretty standard notch for these speakers to cure edge defraction and a peakey response, only the resistor values might change with a different project.

Good quality binding posts and semi-clear platic cases make them look rather nice too.

Drop me a line if they are of interest and we can work something out

how much with shipping to 92606? (Irvine, CA)

thanks,

gychang

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.