• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Wanted: BHC T-net caps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
elviukai: Thanks for the input. It's not easy to know which ones to choose... I've actually heard the exact opposite about those two caps, and that's on the same class D amp I'll be using it on. On what kind of amp did you use it?

What about the Jensen 4-poles? I haven't been able to find out much between the two, only one post where BHC was slightly better on the same kind of amp I'll be running. Anyone else?

With Jensens I'd be able to go with 15mF, and bigger is always better, right? ;) I'll use one pr. rail for a mid/high amp, and two in parallell for the bass amp, all NewClassD amps, with active crossover. I'm running dual 1300VA audio grade toroids, as a dual mono setup.

Nice webpage you got there! Nice bit on audiophiles ;)

As far as I've understood, class D amps are very dependant of a good power supply, where noise filtration and low impedance is more imporant than sheer power and capacity. In that respect, the Jensen or BHC caps have been very well received.

Just beware that I am, unfortunately, not speaking from personal experience here, just a summary of all I've read. As of now, I'm running ZAPpulse 2.3SE with two 15000 uF RIFA PEH200 in paralell, and I'm not all that impressed. I've been told the PEH200s are pretty good, but not very suitable for class D, and I'm inclined to agree.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.