• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS Nice Speakers (Oklahoma)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I recently got into a speaker rebuilding frenzy and I have a few nice ones. (I have more speaks than room)
I sweep all of them with a signal generator and a test CD. No buzzes or air leakage, and the tweeters all work.
I'm going out of town this week untill the end of the month.

AR-3s: Refinished the cabinets and replaced the midranges. The woofers are the old style like AR2s with the rubber butyl surrounds.

2 Pairs of Large Advents One pair has the extra wood trim
on the front. the other has the original badges and tweed grill. Repaced the Surrounds (Masonite type woofers)

A pair of Cerwin Vega 3 ways with 12' Woofers, New surrounds. (high energy series) Now I don't consider these audiophile because their response isn't very flat. But WOW what booming bass and the highs are kickin. Ported cabinets these rock.

I'm working on a Norman Lab set of Model 10's. These might be my new favorites. 31.5 Hz and they have significant audible output. They're like those AR's They have a LOW bottom. A little more clinical than the Advents. Example; a woodwind sound is presented more musically in the Advents. I guess those fried egg tweeters just have a really nice sound.

OK, enough rambling. You can come listen to them yourself. I prefer these to be picked up.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.