FS Nice Speakers (Oklahoma) - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th September 2006, 04:33 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default FS Nice Speakers (Oklahoma)

I recently got into a speaker rebuilding frenzy and I have a few nice ones. (I have more speaks than room)
I sweep all of them with a signal generator and a test CD. No buzzes or air leakage, and the tweeters all work.
I'm going out of town this week untill the end of the month.

AR-3s: Refinished the cabinets and replaced the midranges. The woofers are the old style like AR2s with the rubber butyl surrounds.

2 Pairs of Large Advents One pair has the extra wood trim
on the front. the other has the original badges and tweed grill. Repaced the Surrounds (Masonite type woofers)

A pair of Cerwin Vega 3 ways with 12' Woofers, New surrounds. (high energy series) Now I don't consider these audiophile because their response isn't very flat. But WOW what booming bass and the highs are kickin. Ported cabinets these rock.

I'm working on a Norman Lab set of Model 10's. These might be my new favorites. 31.5 Hz and they have significant audible output. They're like those AR's They have a LOW bottom. A little more clinical than the Advents. Example; a woodwind sound is presented more musically in the Advents. I guess those fried egg tweeters just have a really nice sound.

OK, enough rambling. You can come listen to them yourself. I prefer these to be picked up.
Old 17th September 2006, 05:49 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

I might be interested. I'm in Norman.

e-mail me at

bryan DOT gilcrease _AT_ cox DOT net

Thanks

Hide this!Advertise here!