• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

used test equipment wanted...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey,

I just picked up a scope of sorts. Tek 7904A mainframe, 4 channels @ 500Mhz, either hardly used or not used, including the manual. It came with two plugins for 250USD. I got a few other plugins as well, most also included the manuals.. the manuals are a really big deal if you ask me.

Grand total 420CAD including 65lb shipping from the US, should be here on monday.

I found it on Ebay and delt with the guy without going through ebay, as my preference.

He had a 19 of those mainframes and still has a number of plug ins.

I told him rather than ebay feedback I'd give him a plug here if I was happy with it. So on Monday or sometime really soon if it all arrives in good order and you're interested I'll pass along his email or Ebay account name.

E-Bay is your best place for test gear and as "classD" says above go direct if the seller will do it. Definately go with a Tektronix for your scope. They are too good of deals to pass up on scopes and the TM-500 plug in test gear. TEK stuff was EXTREMELY expensive when it was new. Try to buy locally near you so you can go see before you buy or at least get a return priveledge fomr the seller on a used one in case of DOA. Toobe testers... probably look for one of the big old Hickok testers buit be prepared to soend some $$ since toobes are popular. I use an EICO tube tester that I got out of a trash can for free....:eek:

Any 7904A, 7704A, 5100, or the 465B series scopes are the best they turned out of the solid state variety. ALWAYS go for the models with the "A" or "B" suffix after the model number!! I love the old toobe models 5XX series scopes. Old now but builtm like a tank and most of them still work fine. you can get them for free somtimes just for hauling them away:cool: .

Mark

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.