• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Behringer DCX and Dipoala mods

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys -

Have to start clearing out some stuff in anticipation of a move. First to go is the Behringer crossover with mod boards built by Bill himself and ready to install. They are detailed here:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=51519

I never got around to doing my be-all and end-all biamped system, so this and my OB speakers are not going to be used.

$425, plus shipping. TIA - Pat (tubesguy _at_ gmail _dot_ com)

This is certainly going well.

Let me try a different tack: I have this stuff, and I refuse to commit to sell it, no matter what the offer. :xeye:

Alternatively, drive to my house and leave cash on the front porch, and I will either open the door and take the cash and put the stuff out for you ... or not, depending on my whim. ;)

Thanks Mike and thanks Richard, you guys are princes.

This was ultimately never sold, sat in my den for three years, unbuilt, and I have now discovered that my free technical support has apparently expired. I'd sell the assembled boards alone for $85, plus shipping, including the supporting documentation and photos, or the still unfinished DCX and the boards for $275 plus shipping.

All, I believe, that is required to finish it is one IDC ribbon connector, which I broke in attempting to build the gizmo, and have been unable to identify or have identified, and thus purchase. My lack of ribbon connector familiarity is your gain, presumably. - Pat

Hi Richard -

If you click on the link in the first post, you'll find Bill's thread regarding his mod. That's what this is, two boards that go into a DCX and give you IR remote volume control, single-ended RCA outputs, and optical digital in. Bill also provided complete documentation, including a CD of photos for installation.

I got the main board hooked up, the RCA output board in place, replacing the XLR output board that is stock, but ultimately was unable to make the IDC ribbon connector connection that taps power for the main mod board, breaking the connector (not the cable) in the process. Bill answered a couple of my emails and then went silent, so I've given up. If you know what the broken IDC connector (I can provide a photo, of course) is, if you can replace it, and if you have the tool to make the crimp or whatever the connection is called, you have a pretty nice device. - Pat

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.