• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS Feeler: Curly maple component stands

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just bought a 15 foot long section of nice curly maple, it has beautiful grain and is a solid 1.5" thick. I'll be making component isolation stands with the board, but there will be a lot left over.

I'm just wondering if anybody would be interested in a 18" x 16" x 1.5" finished slab of curly maple to use for a component stand. I could sell them for about $40 just sanded, about $60 with your choice of stain color, or about $80 stained and with a set of 4 brass cones mounted to the bottom. The exact same thing goes all the time for about 50% more than those prices on audiogon ... I'm sure I could sell them for that too, but would rather offer them here first.

Shipping would likely be about $8 - $10 per stand.

Reply if interested, I should have enough left over for about 4-5 stands. It'll be first come, first served. And once I get the first one made, I'll post pictures.

Sorry:) BF = board foot or 12" x 12" x 1" It is the common way to sell lumber. FAS means that the "bad" side needs to be at least 83 1/2 % clear. FAS = First And Select, it is pretty much the best grade you can get. That must be one really nice piece of wood. Good luck with your project. Post pics when you are done:)

Gotcha, and yea ... it is a really nice board. There are no knots, and it's mostly heartwood. I did pay quite a bit for it, but finding clean wood that's at least 16" wide and 1 1/2" or more thick is tough, and demands a premium. So if you want nice maple stands and don't want to look around for weeks trying to find the perfect board, that's why I'm offering here ... and to offset the cost to myself.

Pics coming soon.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.